Technology use is at an all time high in my household these days, and with all of the games, apps, photos, files and other data, it can get a bit overwhelming! I am all about organization and simplicity, so I welcome anything that can make my life a bit easier. Kingston has a new USB data storage solution that is perfect for the family that is looking to organize their data and stream it all in one simple hand-held device.
The Kingston DataTraveler is a portable USB drive that is an active storage device, allowing you to not only store and transfer files, but open them and interact with them, too. It is pre-loaded with urDrive software, which is a free application for organizing and exploring apps, games, and music, all through your USB! When you open up the drive, it pops up sort of like a small desktop where you can view your photos, browse the internet and even play music directly from the source!
The coolest things about the Kingston DataTraveler’s urDrive software:
- Easily drag and drop your files to organize them right on the mini desktop.
- The photo viewer and MP3 player are built in, so you can listen to music, watch videos and show off your photos anywhere. Were taking this to Grandma’s house this Thanksgiving to show her family pictures.
- Securely browse the internet from any computer with your online favorites, bookmarks and other preferences stored on the DataTraveler.
- Games and social media links are readily available to use. Facebook, Twitter, even YouTube. You can even access the urDrive app store to download more.
- You can store most of your files right on your USB drive, but you also have access to 6 GB of free online storage, just in case you’d like to back up your files in the clouds.
- Keychain ready: this baby is pretty small and takes up very little space.
Watch the video for a quick overview of the Kingston DataTraveler…
The addition of the urDrive software to the Kingston DataTraveler makes it a whole new experience, it is great to be able to have all of your information at your finger tips, as well as the ability to stream and interact with your files on the go. I’m sure you’d love to test out the Kingston urDrive yourself, right? Well one lucky reader will win not one, but FIVE Kingston urDrive USB’s! Enter to win one on this post in the comment section below.
Mandatory Entry: Follow this blog via email subscription, RSS, or Google Friend Connect and let me know what’s your favorite feature of Kingston’s urDrive software. Leave a comment here on this post.
Extra Entries (only count once you have completed the mandatory entry above):
This contest runs through Wednesday, November 23, 2011. This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. I will draw a winner using Random.org and announce here and via Twitter. All entries will be verified. I will email the winner, they have 48 hours to claim the prize or I will choose someone else. Be sure to leave your email address, or have it available on your blogger profile. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received a Kingston DataTraveler with urDrive to review for this post. All opinions are my own, prize fulfillment will be handled by the sponsor.