- white construction paper or card stock
- spring color paints (you can use as many or as little as you like)
- paper plate
- baby wipes to wash paint off fingers
Make fingerprint picture by following these simple instructions:
- Draw grass along the bottom of the white paper
- Fingerprint flowers – Make 5 or 6 fingerprints in a circle (each print pointing outward) add stems with a marker when the paint is dry.
- Fingerprint caterpillars – Use thumbprint for the head of the caterpillar, then use fingerprint to add body. Add legs and antenna with a marker when the paint is dry.
- Thumbprint butterfly – Make 4 thumbprints for the wings, 2 on each side (you can use the same color or different colors) You can make as many as you like. When the paint is dry use a marker to add the body of the butterfly and antenna.
- Fingerprint sun – Use fingerprints to make a circle. Fill in the circle with fingerprints.
- Fingerprint clouds – Make cloud formations with fingerprint. Fill in the clouds with fingerprints.
Be creative – you can add trees and bushes as well as ladybugs and bumblebees to the picture, really anything that makes you think of spring! Older preschoolers or kindergartners can do this craft by themselves. This craft is still simple enough for younger kids, however, they will need a little guidance.