Since school has started, my morning commute has almost doubled. I drop MJ off at school and brave the lovely traffic on my way to work, taking me around 30 minutes when it should really only be 15. There are waaaay too many people on the road!
More cars hustling and bustling means more of a chance that accidents could happen. Many people are shaken when it comes to car accidents, not knowing what to do, who to call, and what information to collect. Safety is of utmost importance, so I think that it’s great that NAIC has made the WreckCheck app available for guidance during an accident.
In this day in age of the smart phone, there are so many apps that come in handy. NAIC’s free WreckCheck app is designed to:
- Help you calmly walk through the steps to take following an auto accident
- Helps you determine what information and details are important when filing an insurance claim.
- A reminder not to share your address and phone number, it may put you at risk.
- Suggest what photos should be taken with your smart phone to use in your accident report.
- If you don’t have a smart phone, there is a downloadable form that you can print and keep in your car, just in case.
Aside from a minor fender bender, I have never been is a serious accident, and I sure don’t plan to. Really, none of us do, so it’s important that we plan ahead to keep ourselves and our families safe while on the road. Just one less thing for us to worry about.
In an effort to help educate drivers about the sequence of events after an accident, NAIC is giving away a $50 gas card to one lucky reader (Shell, Quik Trip, or Phillips 66)! Enter via the Rafflecopter form below, contest ends September 28, 2012. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received compensation to share the WreckCheck app on this post. All opinions are my own and each prize will be fulfilled by the sponsor.