But what about that afternoon slump? The moment between lunch and dinner that we tend to lose energy? Kids are the same way. We can still be sure that our kids get a great start throughout the day, and it’s fairly easy to do. The simple secret to keeping your kids focused throughout the day: A nutritious snack.
The best way to insure that your kids are snacking right is to select foods that count. Kellogg’s cereals are not only great options for breakfast, they can be super fun and a healthful choice for snack time, too. Check out these nutritious snack ideas that are perfect to combat the mid-day shut down…
5 Snack Ideas to Keep Kids Focus Throughout The Day
1. Have a simple bowl of cereal with fruit and milk – This is probably the easiest way to get a healthy and tasty snack on the books. Just the afternoon, I had a mug of Kellogg’s Raisin Bran with fresh blueberries and almond milk. My kids were all over me, they thought that it was cool that I was eating out of a mug and asked if they could do the same. Not a problem, I love when my kids are asking for snacks like this!
2. Grab a Nutri Grain bar – These are such an easy, on-the-go snack idea. These cereal bars have become a favorite in my house, we always pack a few when we’re going out for the day.
3. Pack a plastic bag with your favorite cereal and dried fruit – Cereal style trail mix… consider mixing Corn Flakes, dried cranberries, mixed nuts, raisins, and other stuff. Or grab some Frosted Mini Wheats, yogurt raisins, and almonds and mix them together. Serve them up to your kids in a to-go container, plastic bag or Kellogg’s Origami Snack Cup, they’ll love it!
4. Grab a single serving bowl of Kellogg’s cereal – These sealed cereal containers come in individual portions and are super easy to take along with you wherever your headed.
5. Put nutritious Kellogg’s cereals into a recipe – How about these pumpkin spice streusel topped muffins, bran banana bread, or Raisin Bran bars? All of them are great recipes using Kellogg”s cereals, and can insure that you have whole grains and fruits in your snack.
Kellogg’s is fueling some of the top Olympic athletes as they get ready to compete in the Sochi 2014 Olympic games. They know first hand that From Great Starts Come Great Things®, so they only choose the best for themselves and their families. For more tips for a great start, vsit www.kelloggs.com/
How do you keep your kids fueled for a great start throughout the day?