Love the smell of lavender? There’s more where that came from! These uses for lavender essential oil are a fabulous holistic approach, learn how to get started with this natural, calming, antibacterial wonder!
Do you believe in the healing power of essential oils? I sure do. I am always looking for the best natural remedies for my mind, body, and soul, and essential oils work wonders! Lavender essential oil is my absolute favorite of them all, it has a variety of holistic uses and I love the scent. Take a look at these uses for lavender essential oil, they are such great ideas for your life to naturally calm, soothe, clean, and even scent your home.
About lavender essential oil…
Lavender essential oil is one of the more mild essential oils, it is derived from the naturally growing lavender plant and has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe and relax your senses naturally. It smells amazing and works well with all of your aromatherapy needs. It does not always require a carrier oil. A carrier oil is a mild oil that that you mix your essential oils with with before use, such as almond oil, sunflower oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. When you use lavender essential oil on the skin, make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil first.
You can’t just get *any* lavender oil. Here are the best…
12 of The Best Natural Uses for Lavender Essential Oil You Should Know
1. Soothing stress relief – One of the top uses for lavender essential oil is for stress relief. It is a calming, relaxing herb, and is used for mood improvement, anxiety, insomnia, and general stressors.
2. Disinfect cuts, wounds, bug bites – safely disinfects, reduces irritation, and heals small wounds and bites.
3. Ease muscle tension – rub a few drops of lavender essential oil on tense muscles, or even the temples of your head for a little bit of relaxing relief.
4. Blemishes and acne – Bacteria related skin issues can be taken care of with lavender essential oil. It works as an antispetic, test on a small area of your skin first.
5. Relax in the bath tub – Adding a few drops of lavender essential oil to your bath water gives off a very relaxing scent, while it soothes your muscles at the same time. Tip: mix with bath salts
6. Natural home fragrance – Pop a few drops into your essential oil diffuser and allow the aroma to fill the air. One of my favorite natural uses for lavender essential oil!
7. Linen scent spray – Mix water and 8-10 drops of lavender essential oil into a clean, unused spray bottle and lightly mist your pillows, sheets, and bath towels.
8. Cooking with lavender essential oil – Believe it or not, this oil adds flavor to your food and drinks. It has a very light, floral taste, and is best in sweet foods and drinks.
9. Aromatherapy massage – A teaspoon of coconut oil (this is my favorite coconut oil) and 2 drops of lavender essential oil will create the home massage oil. I have used this combination in the past and works very well.
10. Eczema and severe itching – Add a few drops of pure lavender essential oil to pure shea butter and massage into itchy spots for soothing relief.
11. Drift off to sleep – Rub a few drops of lavender essential + carrier oil onto your chest at bedtime and inhale the soothing scent as you drift off into wonderland. You can also use the diffuser in your room before you go to sleep (don’t forget to turn it off). Ahhhh….
12. Natural perfume – you can use a blend of carrier oil of your choice and a few drops of lavender essential oil and rub on the nape of your neck and wrists as a perfume. Smells delicious!
What is your favorite way to use lavender essential oil?
I am not a professional, but I use essential oils frequently. Try this at your own risk, here’s my disclosure policy.