Looking for fast and easy meals ideas for dinner? I’m working with Cans Get You Cooking as a Canbassador to share recipes and ideas using canned foods. All opinions are mine, you all have to try some of these easy meals for dinner tonight!
Did you know that cooking with canned foods is a great way to get the best ingredients from the farm to your dinner table? Lots of people think that because some fruits, beans, and vegetables are canned, they’re not as good for you. Not true! The process of canning locks in the freshness of food and keeps the flavor and nutrition. Once you’re ready to cook, save a little time by simply opening up a can! Less waste, less trash, all of the nutrition.
If you are in search of a few quick, easy dinner recipes that the whole family will love, check these out. Kelsey Nixon, Cooking Channel TV host, is partnering with cans Get You Cooking to share some of her best recipes using canned foods. Fast and affordable, families can have a hot meal on the table in no time! These are my favorites…
5 Quick and Healthy Dinner Recipes Using Canned Foods
- Slow Cooker Ragu – Spaghetti is a favorite in our household, so this recipe for homemade ragu sauce is perfect for us! It can cook all day in the crock pot while we’re working and at school. A quick 15 minutes prep and you can set it, and GO!
- White Chicken Chili – Canned whine hominy beans are the base of this tasty chili. It’s hearty, full of vegetables, flavorful and ready in 30 minutes or less!
- Grilled Salmon Burgers with Corn and Tomato Salad – I will admit: I have never eaten salmon out of a can. Since tuna is such a popular canned fish, I am intrigued as to the possibilities of salmon! These burger patties are the first things i’d try, lots of fresh flavors in this recipe.
- Vegetable Lasagna – We love lasagna, but it takes a bit of time to make. This one will be ready in under an hour, and uses spinach, carrots, tomatoes and basil in it’s layers.
- Greek Pizza – Canned chicken, artichokes, and a total of 30 minutes will get you this delicious Greek style pizza! Add or subtract any of the ingredients your family would like, we love pesto!
It’s easy, and affordable to get cooking with canned foods! Be sure to catch the show ‘Cans Make The Meal‘ with Kelsey Nixon, show times can be found HERE. To learn more about the benefits of cooking with canned foods, visit Cans Get You Cooking and their Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube pages.
What’s your favorite canned food recipe?
Disclosure: I am participating in the Canbassador Program with Cans Get You Cooking. I am being compensated for my time, however all opinions are my own. I have cooked with canned food for years!