This post brought to you by Gulf County, Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
When you think for Florida, I am sure you think of sunshine, beaches, oranges and gators. Most people tend to think of other destinations, but there is so much more to explore in the “sunshine state”!
Gulf County is a destination in Northwest Florida that boasts 43 miles of white sand beaches and spectacular sunsets over the St. Joseph Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. When I vacation, I like to be sure that there is a mix of relaxation and fun, and Gulf County’s got it all!
If I could take my family to visit Gulf County, Florida, I would make sure to plan to do things that are unique to the city. Here are 5 reasons I want to take my family to explore this wonderful destination:
1. Bay Scalloping – I have never heard of this, but there is a time when scallops are in season and you can go ‘scalloping’, or catch some fresh scallops! June – September is the time to snorkel your way through the bay waters and grab your dinner for the evening.
2. Spend a day at Port St. Joe – It’s off the beaten path, but full of stuff to do! With restaurants, shops, fishing spots, playgrounds, hiking trails, boat rides and beautiful scenery, we could definitely enjoy a day on the St. Joesph Bay!
3. Cape San Blas beaches – This area of the bay is protected by the peninsula, making the calm, shallow waters perfect for families. Lots of safe play and discovery time for kids in these gentle bluish-green waters.
4. Camping at Dead Lakes Park – We love to go camping, and apparently this area is the place to do it! There are plenty of trees and greenery, various wildlife, and camp ground activities available here.
5. An unexpected wildlife encounter – Apparently, there are tons of wildlife creatures that you’ll see while visiting Gulf County. Dohpins, fish and sea scallops in the water, plenty of species of birds, and even sea turtles who come to shore to nest. You never know just what you’ll see!
What a beautiful, natural place! There’s nothing better than getting outdoors, exploring new places, and living life. Gulf County, Florida is a place to do whatever you feel, unfiltered, and to celebrate, they are hosting an Instagram selfie contest where you can win a weekend trip there! Here’s how to enter:
Gulf County, Florida No Filter Contest
1. Snap a picture while doing what you love. Be real. Be messy. The sweatier the more beautiful.
2. Post your picture to Instagram.
3. Tag it #GCFLnofilter and tell us, @gulfcountyfl, what you’re doing in your shot
4.That’s it. You will be automatically entered to win a free Spring getaway to Gulf County.
Here’s my #GCFLNofilter selfie on Instagram…
When you enter the contest, you’ll be triggering a $1 donation to OutdoorNation – an organization that helps to connect kids and teens to the outdoors – on behalf of Gulf County. So simple and so fun, plus I am sure you’d love to win that vacay!
Oh, I would just love to be able to relax and unwind in Gulf County. Such a sense of calm, yet so much fun with the people I love most! Come visit GCFL, and be sure to Like GCFL on Facebook and salute real beauty!
What would you love to do in Gulf County, Florida?