In the wake of Mother’s Day, it’s only right that we share a delicious brunch recipe that mom would love.
I am absolutely in love with this Cinnamon Brioche French Toast dish from Mimi’s Cafe! It is best described as cinnamon swirled brioche slices flavored with nutmeg and a hint of orange zest, griddled to a golden brown. It is served with fresh-cut fruit, and you can add bacon and eggs to your meal. Holy heavens!
If you have ever wondered how to make Mimi’s cinnamon roll french toast, you’re in luck! You can make moms taste buds happy and try out this recipe at home, courtesy of Mimi’s.
Cinnamon Brioche French Toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cinnamon rolls sliced in half to make 2 circles
- non-stick spray
- powdered sugar
- Heat griddle or non‐stick pan to medium heat.
- In mixing bowl combine eggs, half and half, sugar, spices and orange zest and whisk until well combined to make French toast batter.
- Dip each cinnamon roll in French toast batter until moist, but well drained.
- Spray griddle or nonstick pan with non‐stick spray and place dipped French toast on griddle. Let
- brown approximately 2 minutes, flip and griddle other side another 2 minutes.
- Place 2 pieces of French toast on plate, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup and butter.
If you’re not in the cooking mood, stop by Mimi’s Cafe for a great Mother’s Day brunch. I have had breakfast there, it’s good stuff. With affordable dishes like savory Crepes Florentine with scrambled eggs, decadent Apple Bacon Waffles, Mimi’s signature quiches, eggs benedicts, omelettes and mimosas, Mimi’s has something for everyone. Visit Mimiscafe.com for more information.
Enjoy your Mother’s Day!
Mimi’s sent me this delicious recipe to share with my readers. They will send a gift card to try out their brunch, opinions are my own.