Guess what exciting Disney-fied Halloween theme park fun starts this weekend?
Mickey’s Halloween Party!
If you remember, we went to the Halloween party held exclusively at Disneyland last year and had a spookin’ good time. We’re headed back this Friday for some Halloween fun at The Happiest Place on Earth. Costumes are encouraged!
Mickey’s Halloween Party is a separate ticket event at Disneyland in Anaheim, California for families who want to experience trick-or-treating, Disney style! This non-scary, kid approved event begins this Friday, September 27, 2013, and runs for 13 fun filled evenings through Halloween night. They shut down Disneyland park, allowing only Halloween party ticket holders in, and have so many Halloween-inspired surprises!
Here’s what you can expect when you attend Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland:
- The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party)
- “Mickey’s Costume Party” cavalcade featuring some favorite characters, performed twice nightly. We loved watching this one!
- Trick-or-Treating at various locations throughout Disneyland Park
- Disney villains arriving amid thunder and lightning to transform Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A., into Villains Square
- The Cadaver Dans ghoul quartet, performing Halloween-themed tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America
- An opportunity for everyone in the family to attend the park in costumes. Adults are encouraged to dress up, too!
- New this year: Monsters U Dance Party! MU students will join Mickey’s Halloween Party with a family friendly frat experience. Cut a rug with Mike and Sulley!
- Halloween inspired photo locations with some popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains
- Create Halloween crafts and enjoy some not-so-spooky activities for kids at Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch. Plus, watch pumpkin carvers and meet some of your favorite Disney Characters in their Halloween costumes.
- Nearly all the Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Haunted Mansion Holiday, featuring Jack Skellington from the Nightmare Before Christmas, and a revamped Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland.
- Complimentary parking for one standard-size vehicle
Mickey’s Halloween Party dates: Friday, Sept. 27; Tuesday, Oct. 1; Friday, Oct. 4; Tuesday, Oct. 8; Friday, Oct. 11; Tuesday, Oct. 15; Friday, Oct. 18; Monday, Oct. 21; Wednesday, Oct. 23; Friday, Oct. 25; Monday, Oct. 28; Wednesday, Oct. 30; and Thursday, Oct. 31.
A few Disneyland & Mickey’s Halloween Party Tips:
- Buy your tickets in advance. They are cheaper and guarantee park entry.
- Get there early. Lines can be long and you need enough time to experience as much as possible. The party doesn’t start until 7pm, but you can go in as early as 4pm.
- Grab a special event map, it’s a little different than the normal park map and you can plot out your activities.
- Go on a weekday. You can imagine how much more packed it will be on a weekend.
- Disneyland provides bags for trick-or-treat stations. No need to bring your own.
- Stay late. Many people leave the park around 10-ish after the last shows. Once they do, you’ll have access to all rides with little to no wait times.
Space is limited, so I would suggest purchasing tickets in advance at a cheaper rate to guarantee your family’s entry on the night of your choice. Some nights are already sold out! This is a can’t miss time to visit Disneyland, trust me. Visit Disneyland.com/Halloween for pricing, information and to buy tickets. If you’re coming to the park this Friday, Sept. 27th, i’ll see you there!
*If you’re on the East Coast, you can catch Mickey’s Halloween Party at Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Orlando, Florida*
I will be attending Mickey’s Halloween party at Disneyland on behalf of Disney. Check out last years Halloween party at Disneyland! All images courtesy of Disney.