This Post Brought To You By UNCLE BEN’S ®.
In an effort to try all types of foods with my family, I am always on the lookout for quick and healthy recipes of all kinds.
There are so many different foods and flavors across the cultures, and I love to sample all types of cuisine. I wanted to try out a delicious, Indian-style basmati rice pilaf recipe that I saw online, but then I saw a green bean and almond side dish recipe at the same time. They both sound so good, which should I try? Well, I got creative ad combined the two!
This flavorful side dish combines green beans and almonds with UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Basmati, and a hint of Indian spices that take your taste buds to heaven! Give it a try, I think this rise pilaf would be good alongside some baked chicken, or even a curry dish.
Green Bean and Almond Basmati Rice Pilaf
- 1 package UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Basmati
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 – 8oz. package frozen French style green beans
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. First, heat the butter in a 2-quart sauce pan until it is melted.
2. Pour in the UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Basmati (it’s really ready!) and sauté in the butter for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add in the chicken broth, green beans, onions, carrots, garlic, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to LOW, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. When it’s finished, all of the liquid should be absorbed. Fluff the mixture and stir in the almonds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
It came out really good! If you try it, consider adding ½ cup chopped tart red cherries and some shredded orange peel. I didn’t want to over-do it, so I left those items out from the original recipe.
I just love eating with family at the dinner table, these flavorful, home cooked meals will always be remembered as a time of togetherness. When I’m crunched for time, UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® makes it a little easier to get dinner on the table. Home is where the heart is!
Visit UNCLE BEN’S® online for more information about their READY RICE®, as well as great meal ideas and recipes.