Looking for healthy and fast dinner ideas? If you’re a fan of chicken for dinner, Try this lemon chicken skillet recipe with orzo and asparagus, made in one pan and ready in less than an hour!
I am all about a quick, healthy meal for dinner, and this one pan lemon chicken recipe is just what I need for busy evenings! Lemon flavored chicken, orzo and asparagus make this tasty dinner a complete one. This is a pretty easy dish to make, it took me about 35-40 minutes from start to finish, half of the time was hands off. Give this lemon chicken skillet recipe a try, we loved it!
One Pan Lemon Chicken Skillet Recipe with Orzo and Asparagus
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs, washed and trimmed
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 10 asparagus spears, halved
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Wash and pat chicken pieces to dry, season with salt and pepper and brown each side for 3-4 minutes.
2. Remove chicken and set aside. Do not drain the skillet! We’re using the tasty chicken juice in the dish. So, in the same skillet, add garlic and 1/2 of the chopped parsley. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
3. Next, add the orzo, asparagus, chicken broth, the juice from half of the lemon, and more salt and pepper to the skillet and stir. Place the chicken back into the skillet and slice the remaining half lemon to place on top of the chicken. Turn up the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes. When finished, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and enjoy!
I really like how this one pan lemon chicken skillet turned out, it’s really good! The lemon taste was just right, not too overpowering, but still good. You can actually eat the lemon slices, try them when you take a bite! Next time, I will use chicken thighs, I like dark meat a little better. I’ll be saving this quick and compete recipe to the archives!