Why is it that the older kids get, the more stuff that goes on their birthday list?
My son is turning 7 in a matter of days, and his birthday list is seemingly never-ending. Every toy and game he sees in the store, every infomercial that comes on (damn you, Party in The Tub), and every bike, scooter and skateboard that catches his eye is “Mom, I need this for my birthday!”
NEED. Because food, water and shelter aren’t really a necessity, but that new Buzz Lightyear and Jack Skellington character for Disney Infinity? Can’t survive without it.
Here’s my sons on going, ever changing birthday list:
- Rainbow Loom, and every rubber band ever made
- A Razor scooter, because his sister has one
- Party in the Tub, a bathtub light toy thingy
- About 6 Disney Infinity characters
- Skylanders starter set for Xbox 360
- Every Hot Wheels race track set in the toy aisle at Target
- Disney Trading Pins, all of em
- A new bike
- Every single LEGO set from The LEGO Movie
- 1,000 HexBugs and their habitats
Am I forgetting anything? Looks like i’m going to have to send this list to everybody, because there’s no way I can make this happen alone.
What do your kids ask for on their birthdays?