Grilled Fish Tacos with Smoky Lime Crema
These light and flaky grilled fish tacos with lime and crema are the perfect summer delight.
- ½ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika divided
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice divided
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups coleslaw mix or shredded green cabbage
- ½ jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- ¼ cup olive oil divided
- 1 pound white flaky fish such as mahi mahi
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- diced avocado for garnish
- minced cilantro for garnish
Build your charcoal fire with Kingsford® Original Charcoal, preheating to around 450º. Oil the grates on the grill to prevent sticking.
Rub the fish with the 2 tablespoons olive oil and season well with salt, pepper and 1 tsp. smoked paprika.
Place the fish onto the grill for 3-4 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for another minute. Remove from the grill and let the fish rest for five minutes. Flake with a fork and set aside.
To make the slaw, toss the coleslaw mix or cabbage with the jalapeño pepper, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding more lime juice if desired.
Combine the crema or sour cream, remaining smoked paprika, remaining lime juice, and lime zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
Grill the tortillas over direct heat until they are warmed, about 20-30 seconds on each side.
Layer the grilled fish, cabbage slaw, and avocado onto each tortilla. Drizzle with smoky lime crema sauce and top with cilantro.