Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Streusel Topping
The fall season is here, which means it's time to bring out this pumpkin spice muffins with streusel topping recipe! They're topped with a secret ingredient that makes the crumble tops super crunchy.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® cereal crushed to 1 cup
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Special K® Original cereal
In small bowl stir together 1 cup flour, baking powder, cinnamon, soda, nutmeg and cloves.
In large bowl stir together 2 cups Kellogg’s® Special K® cereal and buttermilk. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Stir in egg, pumpkin puree, 2/3 cup brown sugar and oil.
Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture. Stir just until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
In small bowl stir together 1/4 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/2 cup cereal. Sprinkle over muffin tops. Bake at 375°F about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool slightly on wire rack.