This post brought to you by Missouri Division of Tourism. All opinions are 100% mine.
How many of you are planning a family summer vacation? We sure are!
Although we have been checking out a bunch of different destinations, I am open to any ideas. Recently I came across a destination that has outdoor fun, big city life, plenty of attractions for kids, and lots of room for adult time. The gem: Missouri!
Not many people think to hit the Midwest for summer vacation, tropical destinations normally win. Here are 5 fun reasons you must visit Missouri!
1. Lake of the Ozarks – Shop, dine, go sightseeing, camp and hike this area. It lies in the Central Missouri area and has so many lake friendly attractions. Visiting this area is like a whole vacation in itself. The Timber Falls indoor waterpark looks awesome, too!
2. Busch Stadium, Saint Louis Cardinals Baseball – MJ is a huge baseball fan, so no trip to Missouri would be complete without catching a Cardinals game! We'll grab a hot dog, peanuts and cracker jacks and root for the home team, unless they're playing the San Diego Padres!
3. Visit the St. Louis Zoo – If you are traveling with family, you can take a day trip to the zoo, where the kids will love to explore and learn about 18000 animals from 700 species on 90 acres, including an Insectarium, Children's Zoo, Penguin & Puffin Coast and a Zooline Railroad. Side note: The zoo is FREE!
4. Take an adult wine tasting tour – There are plenty of different wineries to visit in Missouri, including a bunch of wine tasting events that you shouldn't miss.
5. Enjoy the lovely outdoors in Branson, MO – There is a large variety of activities to do in Branson, you can take a zipline ride (or several), fish for trout, enjoy a day boating and tour a show cave. Get your thrills at Silver Dollar City theme park, then go beneath that area and tour the Marvel Cave, one of the deepest in Missouri.
A clip of the outdoor fun…
I came up with an itinerary for a trip to Missouri using the VisitMO.com trip ideas page, oh it looks like so much fun! I added a bunch of fun attractions to the list, including a foodie trip through Kansas City, take a relaxing float trip on one of Missouri's streams, a trip down the Missouri river wine trail, and discovering the natural beauty of Joplin. Hope there's a Cardinals game!