We’re celebrating Easter this year with this fun Easter egg Rice Krispies Treats recipe! They are flat like cookies and fun to decorate, the perfect Easter party favor ideas!
Have any fun plans this weekend for Easter? If you’ve got an Easter party to throw or a shingdig to attend, these festive Easter egg Rice Krispies Treats would be the perfect favor to make!
Easter egg Rice Krispies Treat Cookies
You will need:
For the Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 – 10 oz. package of mini marshmallows
- 13 x 9 cookie sheet
- cookie icing, various colors (These Wilton cookie icing tubes are my favorite)
- small decorative candies
- wax paper
- rolling pin
- Easter egg shaped cookie cutters
- clear plastic poly bags, to fit the size of your treats
These are really easy to make, I actually had half of this stuff in the pantry already. Here’s how to make em’:
1. To prepare the Rice Krispies Treats, melt the butter in a large sauce pan. Add the marshmallows and melt the mixture completely. When it’s finished, remove the pan from heat and slowly stir in theKellogg’s Rice Krispies with a spatula, making sure they are all coated with the marshmallow mixture.
2. Transfer the marshmallow – Rice Krispies mixture into your cookie sheet, completely covering the surface and pressing it along the edges. Grab a piece of wax paper large enough to fit the cookie sheet and place it over the mixture. Take a rolling pin (technique from my girl Caryn) and roll it gently over the wax paper covered mixture until it’s nice and flat. Allow them to cool for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the wax paper, take your Easter egg shaped cookie cutters and cut away! Place cut outs onto the wax paper and decorate with Wilton cookie icing tubes. Cover treats in an air tight container and let the cookie icing and decorations dry for at least an hour. Place your Easter egg Rice Krispies treats into poly bags and tie with ribbon. You’re done!
These were easy to make, and turned out pretty tasty! You could alternatively display them out on a platter as cookies, use them for decoration, then allow your Easter party guests to devour.
Happy Easter, enjoy these Rice Krispies Easter egg treats!
I have partnered with Kellogg’s for the Champions of Great Starts program. I have been a fan of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies forever! Although compensated, all opinions expressed are my own.