There’s nothing like a warm bath, and soaking in this DIY tropical Pina Colada bath salts recipe makes it even better! Learn how to make this homemade bath salt mix, take your bath to paradise and melt away tension with the scents of pineapple and coconut.
Who could use a beach vacation with some sunshine, toes in the sand, and a Pina Colada right about now? I’m sure we all could, but you don’t have to go far to escape to paradise with these amazing pineapple and coconut bath salts!
This bath salts recipe uses the tropical aromas of pineapple and coconut to give you the ultimate Pina Colada retreat, right in your own tub! According to Sea Salt, Epsom salt is great to help ease tension in tired and achy muscles, reduce inflammation and give a little pain relief. It has also been know to heal cuts and tears from child birth, and help sooth migraines and other cramps. Aside from all of these great benefits, it smells amazing, so I have no problem bathing in this therapeutic homemade bath salts daily!
DIY Pina Colada scented bath salts recipe that will take you to paradise
Yields 2 1/2 cups of Pina Colada bath salts. Do not eat.
- 2 cups Epsom salt (get a great epsom salt for soaking here)
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract, or 10 drops coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pineapple flavoring
- Optional: 1-2 drops yellow food coloring
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add both salts and the baking soda. Whisk to blend well.
2. Add the coconut oil or extract and pineapple flavoring and stir for 1-2 minutes to fully incorporate. Since both flavorings are clear in color, the bath salts will be white. If you prefer the salts to have color, add a few drops of yellow food gel (optional). I added 2 drops to achieve the color in the photos.
3. Transfer to an airtight container and store up to 6 months.
HOW TO USE
1. Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of the homemade Pina Colada bath salts recipe to your warm bath water.
2. Sit back and soak for at least 30 minutes. Relax and enjoy the amazing pineapple and coconut scent as they take you away to your own tropical paradise!
Melt the stress away, the Pina Colada way! Enjoy.
Please do not eat.