There’s nothing like a warm bath, and soaking in this DIY tropical pina colada bath salts recipe makes it even better! Learn how to make this homemade pineapple coconut bath soak mix and take your bath to paradise.
Indulge in a warm tropical bath
Who could use a beach vacation with some sunshine, toes in the sand, and a pina colada right about now? I’m sure we all could, but you don’t have to go far to escape to paradise with this amazing pineapple and coconut bath salts recipe!
Bath salt recipes you’ll love
This bath salts recipe uses the tropical aromas of pineapple and coconut to give you the ultimate Pina Colada retreat, right in your own tub! According to Sea Salt, Epsom salt is great to help ease tension in tired and achy muscles, reduce inflammation, and give a little pain relief.
Epsom salt has also been known to heal cuts and tears from childbirth and help soothe migraines and other cramps. Aside from all of these great benefits, it smells amazing, so I have no problem bathing in these therapeutic homemade bath salts daily!
DIY Pina Colada scented bath salts recipe
If you’re looking for a bath salt recipe to make with the refreshing scent of pineapple and coconut, these DIY bath salts will take you to paradise. Learn how to make bath salts with coconut oil with the recipe below.
Yields 2 1/2 cups of Pina Colada bath salts. Do not eat.
- Epsom salt (get a great epsom salt for soaking here)
- baking soda
- coarse sea salt
- coconut extract, or 10 drops coconut oil
- pineapple extract or flavoring (for scent only)
- Optional: yellow food coloring
How to make your own pina colada bath salts
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add both salts and the baking soda. Whisk to blend well.
2. Next, add the coconut oil or extract and pineapple flavoring and stir for 1-2 minutes to fully incorporate. If you have some sort of pineapple oil, I am sure this would work as well.
3. Since both the coconut and pineapple oils are clear in color, the bath salts will be white. If you prefer the salts to have color, add a few drops of yellow food gel (optional). I added 2 drops to achieve the color in the photos.
4. Finally, transfer the bath salt mixture to an airtight container and store it for up to 6 months.
Using your pineapple coconut bath salts
1. Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of the homemade pina colada bath salts recipe to your warm bathwater. This could also be a great homemade pina colada essential oil recipe if you leave out the salt.
2. Sit back and enjoy this tropic bath soak for at least 30 minutes. Relax and immerse yourself in the amazing pineapple and coconut scent as they take you away to your own tropical paradise!
DIY Tropical Pina Colada Bath Salts Recipe
- 2 cups Epsom salt get a great epsom salt for soaking here
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract or 10 drops coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pineapple extract or flavoring for scent only
- Optional: 1-2 drops yellow food coloring
- In a medium mixing bowl, add Epsom and coarse sea salts, and baking soda. Whisk together to blend well.
- Next, add coconut oil or extract and pineapple flavoring and mix thoroughly for about 1-2 minutes. If you have pineapple oil, I am sure this would work as well.
- If you prefer the salts to have a yellowish color, add a few drops of the optional yellow food coloring.
- Finally, transfer the pineapple bath salts to an airtight container and store for up to 6 months.
Melt the stress away, the pina colada way!
We hope you love these pina colada essential bath salts! This bath salts recipe with coconut oil is pretty easy to make and uses natural ingredients. Relax and melt away tension with the scents of pineapple and coconut.
Please do not consume.