There’s nothing like a warm bath, and soaking in this DIY tropical pina colada bath salts recipe makes it even better! Learn how to make this homemade pineapple coconut bath soak mix and take your bath to paradise.
Indulge in a warm tropical bath
Who could use a beach vacation with some sunshine, toes in the sand, and a pina colada right about now? I’m sure we all could, but you don’t have to go far to escape to paradise with this amazing pineapple and coconut bath salts recipe!
This bath salts recipe uses the tropical aromas of pineapple and coconut to give you the ultimate Pina Colada retreat, right in your own tub! According to Sea Salt, Epsom salt is great to help ease tension in tired and achy muscles, reduce inflammation, and give a little pain relief. It has also been known to heal cuts and tears from childbirth and help soothe migraines and other cramps. Aside from all of these great benefits, it smells amazing, so I have no problem bathing in this therapeutic homemade bath salts daily!
DIY Pina Colada scented bath salts recipe that will take you to paradise
Yields 2 1/2 cups of Pina Colada bath salts. Do not eat.
- 2 cups Epsom salt (get a great epsom salt for soaking here)
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract, or 10 drops coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pineapple extract or flavoring (for scent only)
- Optional: 1-2 drops yellow food coloring
How to make your own pina colada bath salts
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add both salts and the baking soda. Whisk to blend well.
2. Next, add the coconut oil or extract and pineapple flavoring and stir for 1-2 minutes to fully incorporate. If you have some sort of pineapple oil, I am sure this would work as well.
3. Since both the coconut and pineapple oils are clear in color, the bath salts will be white. If you prefer the salts to have color, add a few drops of yellow food gel (optional). I added 2 drops to achieve the color in the photos.
4. Finally, transfer the bath salt mixture to an airtight container and store it for up to 6 months.
Using your pineapple coconut bath salts
1. Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of the homemade pina colada bath salts recipe to your warm bathwater. This could also be a great homemade pina colada essential oil recipe if you leave out the salt.
2. Sit back and enjoy this tropic bath soak for at least 30 minutes. Relax and immerse yourself in the amazing pineapple and coconut scent as they take you away to your own tropical paradise!
Melt the stress away, the pina colada way!
We hope you love these pina colada essential bath salts! This bath salts recipe with coconut oil is pretty easy to make and uses natural ingredients. Relax and melt away tension with the scents of pineapple and coconut.
Please do not consume.
This looks so good! What a fun gift to make for friends or to enjoy yourself!
This looks so good! What a great gift to make for friends and family or to enjoy yourself!
Thanks for sharing! Does it keep long?
This looks os good! What a great gift to make for friends or to enjoy yourself!
This is a go to recipe for me. I love it! I do leave out the baking soda so it doesnt harden.
What’s pineapple flavoring. Like pineapple juice or pineapple concentrate. Stumped
Use a pineapple extract!
Bonjour j’aimerais avoir la recette en Français SVP
This sounds amazing! My question for you is does it clump or stick together? I’ve got a super cute bottle to put it in, but it’s like a wine bottle with a funny stopper that I can pour from, but not use a scoop.
What pineapple flavoring do you use? Is it an oil?
It’s the pineapple flavored food extract, but you can definitely use the oils too!
This is a wonderful recipe that would smell so good to use on my skin. I love coconut infused products and want to make your amazing recipe! Thanks for sharing.
I have never done my own scented bath salts before. I bet this smells heavenly.