Guess what I’ve been dreaming of? A vacation in paradise – a place that’s warm and full of adventure for the whole family. A Caribbean resort is a perfect place to visit, and we love these Atlantis Bahamas tips for families!
See current Atlantis Bahamas deals and specials here
Atlantis Bahamas Tips for Families
The Caribbean is my go-to tropical destination, it’s not too far and the whole atmosphere is simply beautiful. I have been to the Bahamas once, back in my college days, and it was awesome. We stayed at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas on Paradise Island, everything was wonderful!
There is so much to do at the Atlantis Resort, you can literally stay on the resort during your entire vacation and have plenty to do. Now that I have a family of my own, I know my kids would have such an amazing time here!
This full-service resort features multiple accommodation options, stay in a budget-friendly room in the Coral Towers, or go all out with a luxury suite at The Reef Atlantis. There are 6 different towers on the property, so families have quite a bit of rooms to choose from. There are also various dining options, fun attractions, water activities, nightlife and so much more. Enjoy these Atlantis Bahamas Tips for Families.
Here’s what to expect when you take a family vacation to the Bahamas at Atlantis Resort
Water Play in the Bahamas
There are plenty of water play options to choose from, so get ready to have some fun in the sun! Aquaventure, the Atlantis Bahamas water park, features 11 swimming pools, plenty of water slides, Splashers kids water-play fort, river rides, and even rock climbing. Its 141-acre waterscape is decorated with a tropical theme in mind and is absolutely free for all Atlantis guests! You’ll easily spend an entire day here. There are also other water adventures outside of the water park, which include snorkeling, scuba diving, shark adventures, a stingray experience, paddle boating and even swimming with dolphins at Dolphin Cay! The white sand beaches are amazing, too.
We all gotta eat! Atlantis has plenty of restaurants covering every type of cuisine. There are fine dining and casual dining options, but the restaurants can get quite pricey. I would suggest visiting one of the cafes and quick eats spots for the majority of your meals, choose from Quiznos, Johnny Rockets, Marina Pizzeria, Ben and Jerry’s, Starbucks, and more. Top Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas tips: They also have dining plans that could keep you on track with your budget, a flat daily rate feeds your family, and kids 6 and under eat for free.
Atlantis Marine Life Attractions
In addition to swimming with dolphins and sea lions at Dolphin Cay, there are plenty of marine habitats to admire. A host of lagoons feature plenty of sea life, you’ll see tropical fish, sharks, barracudas, rays, sawfish, sea turtles, and giant grouper. There are feeding times available for the turtles, rays, and other fish. The Dig, a sunken area of the lost city of Atlantis, is a place where you can see stunning underwater exhibits through the lost continent.
Resort Activities at Atlantis
You’ll get to choose what activities to enjoy each day. Atlantis has a full-service spa, tennis courts, an arcade room, a movie theater, fitness center, golf course, yacht and fishing charters, comedy nights, concerts at Atlantis Live and plenty of shopping.
Atlantis for Kids
Kids have it pretty good at Atlantis, they’ve got a whole set of activities made just for them! From toddlers to teens and in between, they’ll be able to hang out at the Atlantis Kids Adventure kids club (a drop-off facility, ages 3 – 12), and participate in tons of programs catering to their age group. Participate in imaginative games and activities, arts and crafts, culinary activities, pottery classes, and take advantage of the theater, the computer room, Gamers Reef, Atlantis Speedway, and even CRUSH, a nightclub for teens. Kids can choose their own adventure!
The Cove Atlantis
This little playground is for adults. It is the most luxurious of the towers and has more than just rooms and suites. You can enjoy a night out at the casino, or dance the night away at Aura Nightclub. There are also restaurants, bars, and lounges to hang out in. Entertainment is key here!
All of this is making me plan our Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas trip in my head! Can we go NOW?!
Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas tips :
- Book your vacation in the offseason, which runs from the summer months through early December. Flights and hotel costs will be much cheaper around this time, but it overlaps with hurricane season. Also, here are some general tips on how to save on hotel rooms if you need somewhere to stay before and after your trip.
- Book an Atlantis special package, they have lower room rates per night and sometimes they offer resort credits. Also, aim for the Beach Tower, which has the least frills and view, but is the cheapest.
- Consider staying at the Comfort Suites on Paradise Island, it is within walking distance of the Atlantis Resort. You will get full access to the Atlantis Resort’s facilities and attractions, kids stay and eat for free with adults (2 max), and offers free breakfast and wi-fi. I have never stayed here, and there is nothing like staying at Atlantis, but it is a budget-friendly option. Great Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas tips!
- The food at the resort is expensive. As suggested before, eat at the cafes and smaller quick eats locations. I remember the food served at the pools to not be too expensive in comparison to the restaurants. You can also leave the resort for more affordable food options, or stop at a convenience store on your way in and stock up with water and non-perishables. You could even check an additional bag and pack it with pre-packaged food items and canned goods from home.
- Another one of our good Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas tips – Stay away from the casino. Because you’ll definitely lose more than you’ll win!
Have you ever been to the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island, Bahamas?
More vacation destinations…
- 10 Reasons To Visit Aruba – A Caribbean Island Hidden Gem
- 10 of the Best Things to Do in Curacao with Your Family
- A Historic Walk In Old San Juan Puerto Rico
Subscribe: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
*All photos property of Atlantis Resort. Atlantis bahamas deals, atlantis bahamas reviews, atlantis bahamas tips
how far is town? How much is it to rent a car to go to town? Or is there a bus ?
Dreaming of the same thing.
“The Caribbean is my go-to tropical destination” <<< I completely agree! It is mine as well, but usually via a cruise ship. Several years ago one of the cruises I was on made at stop at Paradise Island for the day. We had a choice of touring the Atlantis Hotel or going on a Rum Punch cruise to a smaller island for swimming with the Dolphins and snorkeling. I did the Rum Punch cruise so one day I need to go back and check out this beautiful hotel. Love your pics too!!
I have been there a couple of times but never stayed. I have always gone there just to see the amazing grounds when I’m on a cruise. I was totally impressed with the aquarium and so were my little cousins!