This post brought to you by Gallo Family Vineyards. All opinions are 100% mine.
Looking for a great, refreshing summer cocktail drink this summer?
To get summer off to a great start, I decided that i'd take up the Gallo Family Vineyards on their Mix It Up challenge, where I had to come up with a fun way to use their Moscato in a different way. Most people are used to just a plain ol' glass of white moscato, but oh, the possibilities!
What I created is something that I think is perfect for the summer's festivities. During the hotter months, you can instantly captivate yourself and your guests with this muddled fruity, minty cocktail concoction. Sip casually by the pool or serve at a backyard party, this refreshing drink will cool you off using real fruit that will wow your tastebuds.
Here's how to make it, and remember, drink responsibly and you must be 21 years of age to drink alcoholic beverages.
Blackberry Mint Moscato Refresher
- 4 cups Gallo Family White Moscato
- 1 cup blackberries, divided
- 10 mint leaves
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/8 cup sugar
1. Combine the sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved, remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
2. Combine the half of the blackberries and all of the mint leaves into a small bowl, muddle them until they are nice and smashed up.
3. Add the moscato and simple syrup (water and sugar mixture) to the bowl, stir all ingredients thorougly. Pour over ice in each glass and garnish with any extra berries or mint leaves.
I really like how this moscato cocktail turned out! This recipe yielded two 12 oz. glasses, or three 8 oz. glasses, or four 6 oz. glasses, so you can double the recipe to make plenty more if you need to fill a whole pticher.
National Moscato Day is May 9th, this annual celebration is for those who love the moscato varietal. If you are one of them, come join us on Twitter for the Gallo Family Vineyards Twitter party, happening May 9th at 7pm EST. Follow and tweet with @GalloFamily, @CopyKatRecipes, and @ModernDayMoms and the hashtag #MoscatoDay, no invitation needed! There are plenty of prizes, so be there!
To connect with Gallo Family, visit the Gallo Family Vineyards Website, Follow @GalloFamily on Twitter, and Moscatofy Yourself to find out which variety is best for you! Also, you can Save your Gallo Family Vineyards corks to help raise up to $50,000 for the Meals on Wheels Association of America.
What cocktails do you make using Gallo Family Moscato?