Get ready to race with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy as they embark on some fun adventures in the new series Disney’s Mickey and the Roadster Racers show! It premieres on January 15th on the Disney Channel.
Start your engines – Disney’s Mickey and the Roadster Racers show is coming your way! Brought about as a follow up to the popular Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Producers and Directors Mark Seidenberg and Rob Laduca wanted to create a new show with all of Disney’s favorite characters for an older audience.
When I was in San Francisco with Disney, our group got the chance to screen a couple of Disney’s Mickey and the Roadster Racers show episodes, as well as hear a little bit about the making of the show from Seidenberg and Laduca. They both have a love for animation, which started in their childhood days. Here are some fun facts about the new Disney show, your kids are sure to love it!
10 Fun Facts About Disney’s Mickey and The Roadster Racers Show
1. Disney’s Mickey and the Roadster Racers show is loosely based off of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode “Mickey”s Road Rally“. It was the most popular episode.
2. When Disney Junior asked Seidenberg and Laduca to create a new show, they were glad to be able to age this one up a little bit. Mickey sounds like a teacher in clubhouse, it’s all mathematical. Roadster Racers is more of a fun show that is perfect for the next age group up.
3. Mark Seidenberg worked on a few other Disney Junior shows, such as Lilo and Stitch, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates!
4. Laduca and Seidenberg wanted to stay true to each classic Disney character in the show. “Within the series, all our characters are gonna be featured well. You’ll be seeing of course, a lot of Minnie and Daisy. But also start to see a little bit more of Chip and Dale” (Seidenberg). Each of the main characters get their own personalized car, and we’ll also see Clarabelle, Hilda the Hippo, Horace Horsecollar, Mortimer Mouse, and Pete!
5. There are some fun cameo voice appearances in Disney’s Mickey and the Roadster Racers show. Keep an ear out for Jay Leno, Tim Gunn, Gordon Ramsay, Danica Patrick, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and many more names!
6. The Disney Junior team has already completed the writing of the first 52 episodes of the show. It takes them about 1 year to produce a full 11 minute episode from start to finish! “That’s from writing to designing to color to animating, building the CG world, and then doing post-production. My favorite is sound effects and music and, and everything” (Seidenberg).
7. They were working on Jake and The Neverland Pirates simultaneously with Roadster Racers, and featured a racing episode in that show as well. This helped them research racing and cars for Roadster Racers.
8. The advent of computers has really changed everything in the process of animation. Seidenberg says, “we do everything on computers now. I mean, it’s everything from color to designing the cars, to the backgrounds, everything is done. That’s really kind of broadened our opportunities.”
9. Lessons and themes for kids in this show include teamwork, friendship, working together and trust. For example, ” Donald needs to deal with his temper. And Goofy teaches Donald to just slow down. And think about what you’re doing before you go off the handle. They’re themes that all kids can relate to.”
10. Both Laduca and Seidenberg had a love for cars, as well as a love for Mickey Mouse as children. They love that they are able to be the ones creating a show that mesh the two together!
Watch Disney’s Mickey and The Roadster Racers Show, premiering January 15th!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DisneyChannelPR (#MickeyRacers)