Going on a family vacation? Get through yours distraction free! Great family vacations with kids are those that are well planned, painless, and down right fun! Here are my top ten tips for a fun, distraction-free family vacation, use this as a check list before you go!
1. Bring plenty of healthy snacks. I know I get antsy, so you can imagine the kids! Sometimes eating a snack can get their minds off of the long trip. I would also bring chocolate 🙂
2. Fill up the night before. If your anything like us, it takes a bunch of time to finally get out of the house, let alone stop for gas, snacks, restrooms, etc. Fill up your gas tanks ahead of time and be sure to check the air pressure in your tires while you are there. If you are getting a ride to the airport, double check your reservation or call your ride to be sure they know the scoop.
3. Stock up with games and fun entertianment. Music CD’s, ipods, portable game consoles, paper and crayons, books. All essentials for my son. All are life savers. Here are some ideas on how to keep kids busy on road trips.
4. Pack some pillows and blankets. If you are on a long trip, I am sure sleep will be in order. make it a little more comfortable, especially for the person who has to sit in the middle seat!
5. Plot your rest stops ahead of time. Can save time and ensure that you don’t miss the gas station when you really need it. If you’re flying, be sure to schedule enough time to relax, walk around a bit, use the restroom and grab a bite to eat.
6. Charge your cameras, cell phones and other electronics the night before you leave. Nothing worse than a dead cell phone right when you need it!
7. Pack extra clothing. Dependent upon where you are going, the weather may change. Kids spill. Winds blow. Clothes rip. Babies poop. You get the idea.
8. Stay stocked with water. Because we all get thirsty.
9. Have wet wipes readily available. With all of those food and drinks, spills are bound to happen.
10. Keep a little extra cash. Believe it or not, some places are still cash only! You never know what can happen or where you might end up!