This great article shares Thailand travel tips that will help you plan your vacation to any destination in Thailand. Here are a few things to know before going to Thailand, time to start planning your trip!
Your wonderful vacation in Thailand
Are you thinking about visiting Thailand? Maybe a trip to Bangkok, or the beautiful beaches of Phuket? If images of the Buddha and pristine beaches come to mind when you think of Thailand, you aren’t alone, and you aren’t wrong either.
What is it like visiting Thailand?
Traveling to Thailand with friends and family can be so much fun. This unique Asian country has seen a large growth in tourism in recent years, with more than 32 million travelers making their way there in 2016.
Tips for your trip to Thailand
Vacationing in Thailand will be a blast for any type of traveler, family trips to Thailand with kids included! Before you plan your trip, though, there are a few things to know before visiting Thailand.
Thailand Travel Tips – 6 Things To Know Before Going to Thailand
Are you ready to plan your family vacation in Thailand? Check out these Thailand travel tips and other helpful information below to discover a few things about Thailand so you can make the most of your vacation.
1. Why is Thailand so popular?
There are so many wonderful reasons that people love visiting Thailand, whether you are planning a solo getaway, a family vacation, or a romantic honeymoon. From the culture and the food to the shopping and the outdoor activities, this country offers something for everyone. But here are a few reasons why so many travelers consider Thailand to be such an amazing destination. So, why is Thailand so popular? What is Thailand like?
– In addition to being beautiful on its own, Thailand is conveniently located, so you can gain easy access to other nearby destinations that are just as unforgettable. In just a few hours, you could travel from Thailand to Bali, Singapore, and Hong Kong, as a few examples.
– The locals in Thailand are welcoming and friendly. You may notice that they are quite happy, helpful, and polite. Travelers often feel safe as they make their way through the country and see the sights.
– Nature lovers will find an array of outdoor spaces to explore during their time in Thailand. From picture-perfect beaches to lush jungles filled with wildlife and waterfalls, the natural beauty of Thailand can’t be replicated. So don’t forget to pack your camera and make sure the battery is charged!
– Many people ask, “Is Thailand affordable?” The simple answer is: yes! If you are traveling there with U.S. dollars, for example, your money will stretch very far. You could stay at a hotel or a guesthouse for less than $20 per night, so you can probably imagine that even the top-notch resorts will be surprisingly affordable. When it comes to food, you could eat yummy Thai food at a restaurant without breaking the bank, or you could even get some food from the country’s famous street vendors for about $1.
– Sure, there are plenty of things to do during the day in Thailand, but what about at night? Well, you needn’t worry about that either. The country is home to a thriving nightlife, with plenty of bars and clubs to check out with your friends.
2. What are the best ways to get around in Thailand?
Generally, getting around Thailand is inexpensive and you can get to where you need to go efficiently. Transport options include buses, trains, minibuses, share-taxis, songthaews, and ferries. While buses are cheap and fast, trains are safer, more scenic, and slower, as well as better for overnight journeys. And ferries can be an ideal option for island hopping.
3. When is the best time to go to Thailand?
One of the most important things to know before visiting Thailand is what the weather will be like! Thailand is a tropical destination, so you could travel there at any time of the year and enjoy hot temperatures and sunshine. But the best months to go are between December and March. Just keep in mind that an unpredictable rainstorm could occur even on an otherwise sunny day.
The west coast and its islands (Koh Lanta, Krabi, Phuket, and Koh Phi Phi) have the best weather in December and January when there tends to be just a small amount of rain and loads of sunshine.
The islands of Thailand that are found within the Gulf of Thailand typically receive less rainfall even during the rainy season than other parts of the country. Experts recommend visiting the islands of Koh Tao, Koh Phangan, and Koh Samui between the latter part of January and the middle part of March. February will usually be the driest month.
The wet season in Thailand runs from May through October, and this is the season during which monsoons are possible. While you might get some good deals and smaller crowds if you’re traveling during that time of year, it may not be worth it if the wet conditions keep you from enjoying the beauty of the islands. This is one of the best Thailand travel tips, you don’t want to have your vacation ruined by inclement weather! Check flight prices and itineraries here.
4. What is the currency of Thailand?
The currency in Thailand is the Thai baht (THB). You could exchange your currency before your trip, or you could exchange it after you have arrived in Thailand. Travelers could exchange their money at banks and ATMs, and some hotels may also be able to exchange your money for you.
It is a good idea to have some cash on hand at all times, as some shops, guesthouses, and small hotels may only accept cash payments. Other establishments, such as major shops, airlines, and larger hotels, may accept credit cards like Visa and MasterCard.
5. Which electrical outlet adapter do you need for Thailand?
If you’re from the US, this is a really good Thailand travel tip – you’ll need a power adapter for Thailand! Power sockets in Thailand include types A, B, C, F, and O. The standard frequency is 50 Hz, while the standard voltage is 220 V. Therefore, you might need to pack the appropriate power plug adapter and voltage converter to use your appliances during your stay. Grab this universal power adapter for your Thailand family trip.
6. Do you need any special traveling to Thailand vaccinations?
Health concerns are understandable, and one of the most important things to know before visiting Thailand. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the risk of contracting Zika virus is high in Thailand. So if you are pregnant or you are planning on becoming pregnant, your doctor may recommend postponing your trip, as infection with the virus could lead to birth defects. Also, all travelers should take the appropriate steps to prevent both mosquito bites and the sexual transmission of Zika.
Before going to Thailand, talk to your doctor to be sure that you are up-to-date on routine vaccinations, such as the polio vaccine, flu shot, varicella vaccine, measles-mumps-rubella vaccine, and diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine. On top of that, the CDC also recommends receiving vaccinations for typhoid and hepatitis A, as both of these could be contracted through contaminated food and water in Thailand. Very important Thailand travel tips, if you ask me!
Another one of the top Thailand travel tips is to notify your doctor about your vacation. Be sure to tell your doctor about where you are going in Thailand, what you plan on doing, how long you plan on staying, and if you are visiting other countries during your trip. This will help him or her decide if you need additional vaccinations, such as those for hepatitis B, cholera, malaria, Japanese encephalitis, yellow fever, and rabies.
Ready to dive into the culture and travel to Thailand?
Thailand truly is a country like no other. You could spend one day exploring a lush forest and the next one lounging on a sandy beach and swimming in crystal-clear water. In between exploring temples, ruins, and markets, you can sit down to indulge in some authentic Pad Thai and Thai iced tea.
I hope these Thailand travel tips helped you with planning your vacation, so what are you waiting for? Start planning your next exciting trip to this exotic and unforgettable destination! Learn more about Thailand culture with this awesome guide, Thailand – Culture Smart! The Essential Guide To Customs and Culture
More international vacation destinations to visit…