This is a sponsored post that contains affiliate links. If you value your well-being, try these easy steps to maintain a healthy lifestyle each day. It’s time to get fit and eat healthy, no more excuses!
I recently participated in the Fit Foodie Run sponsored by John Hancock here in San Diego, and I am so motivated to continue to be the healthiest I can be! There are many small steps you can take to increase your health and vitality on a daily basis. You don’t have to be a body builder or a marathon runner to be considered healthy and fit. It’s time to be your best self, try incorporating these easy steps to maintain a healthy lifestyle into your day. Yes, food and fitness take the center stage!
5 Steps To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle – It Starts With Food and Fitness!
1. Fit exercise into your daily routine Exercise is one of the most important things we can do to maintain our bodies, so make it a point to get your heart rate up every day. You can go outside and take a walk, take the stairs instead of the elevator, park far away from your home or office, and if you have access to a gym, stop in every once in a while and hit the treadmill. It’s also fun to try new activities that make you sweat and get fit along the way. Find a new hiking trail, join an adult softball team, or bring a friend along and jog along a new path. Learn how to start exercising here.
2. Drop the processed foods Eat real foods made with real ingredients. Your body thrives off of whole and natural foods, we all need the nutrients that are found in fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains. Try preparing more of your own meals with these ingredients, and when grocery shopping, try to shop around the outer perimeter of the store and avoid center aisles where the processed foods sit.
3. Snack healthy, snack often Drop the chips and show me your hands! I love me some cookies, fries, cheese puffs, and all of those snacks just like the next gal – but NO. They are full of sugar, salt, trans-fats, oils, and other ingredients that your body does not need! Grab an apple, some almonds, popcorn, carrots, whole grain crackers, a banana, cheese, grapes – you get the idea. Eat smaller portions and snack often in between.
4. Drink water, lots of it Water is the healthiest, most natural drink in the world. Our bodies are made of it, so it’s no surprise that we need it! Drop the sodas, juices, and other sugary beverages that are full of empty calories, and drink plenty of water each day.
5. Get enough sleep Not catching enough zzz’s? Adults should be sleeping 7-8 hours each night. This is a big part of living a healthy lifestyle, the amount of sleep you’re getting each night can directly affect the outcome of your day. Think about it – how do you feel when you don’t get enough rest? Groggy. Sluggish. Stressed. Your body feels ready to shut down, turn on couch potato mode, and your lack of sleep could lead to some serious health problems. Don’t let this happen!
Eat healthy, stay fit with John Hancock!
The John Hancock Hosts The Cooking Light & Health Fit Foodie Race in San Diego was all kinds of awesome! John Hancock was the host of the Cooking Light & Health Fit Foodie Race weekend, which was a great success. There were tons of people there, the event was packed with activities, healthy food samples, yoga and fitness events, and more. I am so glad to be a part of it, celebrating a healthy living is pretty important to me, and I am even more inspired to keep up with these steps to maintain a healthy lifestyle!
As host of the 2016 race series, John Hancock sponsored the John Hancock Vitality Village, the ultimate post-race experience available to runners to reward a job well done and celebrate all of our hard work and calories burned with healthy inspiration. Elite athletes Bill Rodgers and Meb Keflezighi were there chatting it up with guests and encouraging us to keep moving and stay healthy! John Hancock knows that fitness and healthy eating go hand in hand, which is why they’ve launched their John Hancock life insurance with Vitality. This program rewards people for the healthy choices they make, like exercising, seeing the doctor, and buying healthy foods at the grocery store. The John Hancock Vitality HealthyFood program allows participants to save up to $600 a year on the nutritious foods they buy, plus gives them the opportunity to significantly save on their life insurance premium and earn valuable rewards and everyday savings!
Making healthy choices on a daily basis is so important. Implement these steps to maintain a healthy lifestyle, you’ll love how you look and how you feel! Learn more about John Hancock life insurance with Vitality and the HealthyFood program by visiting JHRewardsLife.com, and follow along with John Hancock on Facebook and Twitter!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of John Hancock. The opinions and text are all mine.