Since we are due to have our daughter any day now, I broke out the Chicco KeyFit 30 infant car seat and travel system the other day to put it together. I saw the reviews, but being able to provide one for myself is really what it takes. This seat is rated #1 by numerous safety consumer reports. The features are endless, safety being a key factor, and the car seat has an impressive weight range from 4 – 30 lbs. That’ll spare us a few months when we have to get a toddler seat! The Chicco KeyFit 30 System provides the convenience, safety, style, and value I am looking for.
The safety features are the most important to me. The car seat itself is specifically made with crash protection in mind. It has a thickly cushioned seat pad and five-point harness, super strong shell and includes energy-absorbing foam for improved side-impact protection. During intense crashes, the car seat is designed in a way that it will pop back into place to reduce injury and better the chance of crash survival. The car seat has three adjustable harness levels as well, so you can choose the correct height for your baby’s shoulders.The Chicco car seat base has an adjustable riser to settle any awkward angle issues, accommodating all types of rear seats. You have the option of using a seat belt or the LATCH system to install the base into the car. Both are deemed extremely safe. Rated #1, hello!
The installation is very simple. If you choose the LATCH system, just join the latch connectors to the vehicle’s hooks and then push down on the base. Finally, pull the front straps to tighten. To check the angle of the car seat base, just take a look at the bubble indicator on the side. The seat belts are also very easy to install. There is a belt path that is well-marked, just slide it in, click and go! When you are ready to ride, the car seat itself snaps easily into the base and can be removed with a simple one-hand release.
The travel system comes complete with the car seat, car seat base, and stroller. There are about 10 separate pieces that come in the box, which include the wheels, stroller bar, hardware, canopy and snack tray to be attached to the stroller. Super simple, the instructions are very straight forward. All of the pieces fit together with simple clicks, no tools are needed. It probably took me 15-20 minutes to put the whole thing together, much of that was going back to read the manual and ensure that I followed the step-by-step instructions correctly.
The Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car seat is very lightweight. This is great news for parents who actually have to lug it around, some car seats and carriers are so heavy that by the time you add baby, it’s almost back breaking to maneuver it around! Also, the seat is made of high quality, durable materials that are weather proof, easy to clean, and offers very sturdy construction. The interior padding is very soft to the touch, providing the utmost comfort for baby.
- Removable Newborn Insert For Smaller Babies – the Chicco KeyFit 30 infant car seat is great for newborns and smaller babies, no need to purchase an insert to support the neck and head
- Adjustable Five-Point Harness – adjustable for a snug fit and convenient for one-handed use
- LATCH and Seat Belt System- supports both safety belt mechnisms
- Between-The-Legs Secure Strap- tightens between the legs for a safe, secure fit.
- Fits Babies Up To 30 Pounds – larger seat area accommodates babies up through 30 lbs, much larger than your average infant car seat (normally around 22 lbs).
Stroller – fits the Chicco KeyFit 30 infant car seat
- Brake System that Locks on all four wheels
- Simple One-Hand Fold- Fold the stroller to a more compact size with only one hand. Very convenient for storage purposes
- Memory Recline Seat with Multi-Position –Many recline settings to choose from, including all the way flat. Each time you fold the stroller and re-open, it remembers the previous recline position.
- Adjustable Handle – Can be moved up or down according to your height. has a nice, foam padded grip.
- Adjustable Leg Rest and Canopy – the leg rest area can be adjusted in 3 different positions according to your baby’s height. The all-weather canopy can be full opened or shut, or somewhere in between.
- Cup/Snack Holders for Mom and Baby – There is a small storage area right at the handle bars for beverages, snacks and other spot to put small stuff. The stroller tray is removable and can handle 2 drink cups and snacks while you are cruising around with baby. Has a deep storage basket underneath.
Usually I like every Chicco series stroller specially Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Travel System Stroller. Now i have 2 kids 1st one 5 years old and 2nd one 1 year old i bought this stroller before 3 months ago for my new child. These seats are really comfortable for newborn baby.
Great the travel system for the babies. This Stroller is nice and smooth and the car seat is relatively easy to use.