Our master bathroom is pretty drab. We have a tooth brush holder, a soap dispenser and a plant, that’s it. There are so many things that I want to do to spruce up the bathroom, I love to get creative and play around with bathroom decorating ideas to design spaces in a colorful way. Until someone wants to donate a few thousand dollars to my bathroom project, we’re gonna have to put the elaborate renovations on hold!
I did want to add a little more pizzazz, we have a very plain wall with a light switch that could use some love. I suppose I could hang a picture or something, but what fun would that be? I was looking to add something cute that compliments the current decor on an affordable level. DIY is definitely the way to go! To change our bathroom from drab to fab, I decided upon…
Floating Basket and Kleenex Hand Towels DIY Project
It’s such an easy project, no tools required! Here’s what you’ll need…
- 1 Box of Kleenex Hand Towels
- 4-6 Wall Hooks, I used 3M Removable Command Hooks
- A shallow wicker basket
- Other: pen, decorative items
First we’ll place the hooks on the wall to hang the basket:
1. Place the hooks into the back side of your basket in the desired location. I used 3 across the top due to the size and weight limitations of my basket and decor.
2. Hold the basket up to the wall in the desired position and make a small mark above each hook where you would like to hang the basket. Be sure that it’s nice and straight before marking!
3. Take the hooks off of the basket and apply the adhesive as instructed on the package.
4. Position the hooks to the wall, just a tad above each mark you made to cover it up. Hold in place for 30 seconds or however long the instructions state to do so.
While I waited for the basket hooks to take to the wall, I got started with the Kleenex box:
5. On the back of the Kleenex Hand Towel box, slowly poke holes with your pen in the desired location that you wish to place the hooks. It’s super easy, the Kleenex box has dots on the back so I used them as my guide, poking holes on each corresponding side so it will be nice and even!
6. Similar to step 1, you’ll place the hooks into the holes you poked on the back of the Kleenex box.
7. Similar to step 2 above, hold the box up to the wall in the desired position and make a small mark above each hook where you would like to hang the Kleenex box.
Now you’re ready to repeat steps 3 and 4 above to adhere the hooks for the Kleenex Hand Towel box onto the wall at the spots you marked. Once each hook is well set into the wall, you can hang your wicker basket and Kleenex box. Add some decorative candles, towels, and other bathroom essentials, step back and admire!
The finished product…
I think it came out great (even though Baby Girl blemished the box, she stepped on the top right corner)! The Kleenex Hand Towel box matches our bathroom decor perfectly. I like to have a clean towel to wipe my freshly washed hands on, this is definitely going to come in handy. Also, the kids and a few family members use our bathroom every so often, so it’s nice to have a presentable area that looks nice for our guests.
I’m glad I used clear hooks, otherwise they might have been eye-sores. The best part about this DIY bathroom project is that it was done tool-free! What do you think? Would you try this in your bathroom?
Join the 14 million people who have already joined the Clean Hands campaign by using Kleenex Hand Towels, and click here for savings and more!