This turkey taco casserole recipe is quick and delicious, perfect for our weeknight dinners! I am partnering with Foster Farms in a sponsored post to share this easy ground turkey casserole taco bake recipe, a new family favorite!
A warm, delicious taco casserole to try
I don’t know about you all, but when my kids went back to school, there was suddenly ZERO time left to do anything! We wake up early, get ready, I drop the kids off at school, I work all day, I pick the kids up, and before you know it, it’s almost bedtime. Yikes! There’s literally time for homework, a quick meal, and a bath – that’s it. It’s tough to get nutritious dinner recipes on the table during the week when you’ve been gone all day (try these BBQ shredded chicken tacos, they’re amazing and take only 15 minutes to prepare), but that is soon going to change.
Try this tasty ground turkey casserole taco bake
With a packed schedule, it can be challenging to get a good quality meal on the table for my family – especially when you’re pressed for time! When we get home late, I simply do not have the time to prepare an elaborate meal. Thank goodness for a quick and easy ground turkey taco casserole, this delicious and health-conscious turkey taco casserole bake made with Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey has become a new family favorite! If your family loves tacos, you’ve got to try this recipe at home.
Easy Turkey Taco Casserole Recipe
Let’s get started with this easy layered taco bake recipe! It should take you about 30 minutes from start to finish, and it will be can as soon as you take it out of the oven.
Pre-heat your over to 375 degrees. In a large skillet, warm your oil over medium heat and sauté garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey and cook until browned. Add a splash of water to the meat and mix in the two taco seasoning packets thoroughly.
In a casserole dish, evenly layer your corn tortilla chips on the bottom, then add the ground turkey. Pour the jar of salsa over the meat, spreading it out as even as possible. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
While you wait for your turkey Mexican casserole to cook, prep the remaining topping ingredients and set aside. Remove the turkey taco casserole from the oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes, and green onion. At this point, you can let the casserole cool for a few minutes, or go ahead and dive right in! Serve with all of your favorite taco condiments.
Easy Turkey Taco Casserole
- 2 lbs. Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 taco seasoning packets each for 1 lb. of meat
- 5 oz. tortilla corn chips about 2 – 3 handfuls
- 1 – 16 oz. jar of mild salsa
- 1/2 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes diced
- 1 cup shredded green lettuce
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- add avocado, sour cream, hot sauce, guacamole, etc.
- Pre-heat your over to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, warm your oil over medium heat and sauté garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey and cook until browned.
- Add a splash of water to the meat and mix in the two taco seasoning packets thoroughly. Turn heat down to low setting and cover.
- In a casserole dish, evenly layer your corn tortilla chips on the bottom, then evenly add the ground turkey.
- Pour the jar of salsa over the meat, spreading it out as even as possible.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow your turkey taco casserole to cool slightly and top with lettuce, diced tomatoes, green onion, avocado, or whatever your chosen toppings are.
This easy turkey taco casserole is definitely going to become a staple in our household. It doesn’t take much time to make and my whole family loves it! I am a fan of Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey, it’s a lean, low-calorie source of protein with no antibiotics, no GMOs, and no added hormones or steroids. It’s organic, free-range, and locally raised here in California, and a much healthier alternative to ground beef.
Three cheers for this time saving easy taco bake dinner recipe!
This easy taco casserole with chips is a really quick and easy recipe to get dinner on the table, stat! Visit Foster Farms online for more information about their Organic Ground Turkey, available at most grocers along the west coast. Also, they’re currently having a contest where you can share your favorite way to prepare Foster Farms turkey and win some! Winners are drawn every Friday, enter to win on this post on Foster Farms Facebook page.
This ground turkey casserole recipe post is sponsored by Foster Farms, opinions are those of Honey + Lime