Our gold medal Olympic rings craft for kids is so much fun to make! Get creative and cheer on Team USA with this fun Olympic themed activity.
An Olympic medal craft that is fun to make
Does your family watch the summer and winter Olympics when it comes around? We sure do! I don’t know if you remember, but I met a bunch of Kellogg’s #GreatStarts Olympic athletes in New York a few years back, I heard their life stories, drive, and dedication to their sports, and I can’t help but to root for them!
If you are looking for a fun way to involve your family with the Olympics and cheer for Team USA, try making these cute Olympic rings craft ideas for your kids at home. See, Fruit Loops are for more than just eating! They are super easy, help young children with color matching, and fun for the kids to wear. Go Team USA!
Gold medal Olympic rings craft with Fruit Loops
You will need:
- Olympic Gold Medal Printable
- Kellogg’s Fruit Loops
- Red, white and blue Tri-stripe ribbon (We used the 5/8-inch)
- craft glue
- hole punch
- white card stock
How to make these fun gold medals
1. Print out the gold medals onto your white card stock. Each sheet has 6 medals on it, cut them out, and set aside.
2. Cut a 24″ piece of tri-stripe ribbon, tie a knot at the open ends to close, and make a circle.
3. Punch holes at the top of each gold medal and thread the opposite side of the tie of your ribbon through the hole, looping through the middle to secure. Pull firmly, but be careful that you do not rip the paper.
4. Time to decorate and add your Olympic rings! Dab a little glue on each of the rings and place Kellogg’s Fruit Loops on the corresponding color. W used purple Fruit Loops for the black ring, see the photo above.
5. Allow the medal to dry, then put that baby on and admire!
Get crafty with fun Olympic themed activities!
The kids really enjoyed making these, especially with one of their favorite cereals. Time to cheer on Team USA, have fun making this easy gold medal Olympic rings craft for kids! How do you enjoy the Olympics?