Need a quick, healthy breakfast recipe that tastes great? If you are a fan of turkey bacon, eggs, and spinach, add these healthy breakfast egg cups to your must try list!
Healthy breakfast egg cups – Turkey Bacon, Egg and Veggie Frittata Minis
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (optional)
- 6 strips turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (handful) of fresh spinach leaves, washed and diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- 12-ct. Muffin Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
These healthy breakfast egg muffin cups are really easy to make. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Crack each of the eggs into the mixing bowl and whisk together until creamy and the yolks are broken up.
Next, stir in the bacon crumbles, diced spinach, tomato and onion. Whisk together, add salt and pepper as desired. Grease the inside of each of the cups on a 12-count muffin pan, vegetable or olive oil spray is a quick, painless way to do this. Spoon or pour the egg mixture evenly into each egg cups in a muffin tin.
Sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar cheese on top of each of the frittatas (optional) and pop it in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg is cooked all the way through and the cheese on the top turns golden brown.
Let your healthy breakfast egg cups cool for 5 – 10 minutes, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the frittatas, pop them out and serve! These bacon, egg and veggie frittata minis are a really good way to start your morning with a healthy, protein packed breakfast.
- Looking for even lower calorie breakfast? Use 14 – 16 egg whites, or reduce/remove the cheese.
- When pouring the mixture into each muffin cup, try using a measuring cup or something with a spout to avoid spillage.
- Give your turkey bacon and egg breakfast cups a twist, add more of your favorite veggies. Bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, etc. would all be delish to create a veggie version.
- Get the kids involved! They love stirring, measuring, and pouring, so let them become your little assistant chefs. Lots of fun and learning for them 🙂
- These are really good healthy breakfast egg muffins with spinach, but some kids do not love it. If your kids hate the sight of anything green, try pushing the spinach down to the bottom of each breakfast egg muffin cup. That way, they won’t see it immediately and may not mind eating it (You really can’t taste any spinach flavor).
Enjoy your bacon and egg breakfast cups on the go!
More healthy breakfast ideas…
Healthy Banana Breakfast Bars with Cinnamon and Honey Greek Yogurt
What’s for Breakfast: Thyme Sweet Potato and Scrambled Eggs Hash Recipe
A Healthy Breakfast Idea: Blackberry Smoothie Overnight Oats
Sunday Brunch: Soy Chorizo, Herb & Heirloom Tomato Skillet Frittata
Protein Packed Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oat Energy Bites Recipe