These indoor activities for kids are perfect for snow days, rainy days inside, sick days, and any other time you’re staying home.
Super fun indoor activities for kids
Are you cold yet? I can only imagine how frigid it has been in colder areas up north, no thanks! It’s a little more mild in San Diego, but we, too, have those days where we’d rather stay indoors. In order to keep the kids from going stir crazy, I’ve created a fun and cozy atmosphere at home by starting up our fireplace and preparing our plan of action!
25 Indoor Activities for Kids to do on a rainy day
If you’re like me and it’s snowing or raining out, you’ll do anything to avoid going outside and freezing your buns off! Instead of bracing the cold, stay warm and cozy with these fun indoor activities for kids to help keep them occupied.
- Stay active with yoga
- Play “Simon Says”
- Paint – get a giant roll of paper and go crazy!
- Have a pillow fight
- Jump on the bed
- Watch a movie
- Pull out the board games
- Have an indoor scavenger hunt
- Bake chocolate chip cookies
- Make music with pots, pans, and kitchen utensils
- Have a craft day – get tons of awesome craft ideas here
- Invite some friends over for a dance party
- Build a pillow fort
- Play card games
- Sing some karaoke – you’ll need this microphone!
- Create with Play-doh
- Play educational online games (age-appropriate)
- Read some of your old books
- Have a LEGO building contest
- Make marshmallow pops
- Blow bubbles around the house
- Plant seedlings and create an indoor garden
- Blow up a balloon and play volleyball
- Do some fun indoor science experiments (slime, anyone?)
- Print out free coloring pages
Enjoy your kids indoor activities!
There’s something about being at home that just evokes a warm, loving feeling. The sound of kids laughing, the taste of home-cooked meals – there’s just no place like home! What fun indoor activities for kids do you do at home?