These easy winter art and craft activities for kids are perfect to make this season. Enjoy this list of fun winter-themed craft ideas with your family!
Fun winter season craft ideas
It’s that time of year when the weather gets cold and we spend lots of time indoors. There are plenty of fun indoor activities for kids, and one of our favorites is making DIY crafts for winter!
Whether you are in need of winter crafts for toddlers, winter art activities for preschoolers, or January craft ideas for elementary-age kids, you will find something fun here! Let the winter season be an inspiration and make some fun craft projects with your family.
Easy winter crafts to make
When the weather makes it a bit too cold to play outside, winter art projects are a great way to keep the kids busy during the colder months. DIY projects for winter are a fun way to enjoy your day.
If you’re looking for fun winter-themed crafts to keep the kids busy indoors, our list of winter crafts for kids is perfect for celebrating the season while staying warm indoors!
21 Easy Winter Art and Craft Activities for Kids
As the winter blues set in, look to some of these art projects for kids that will be fun to make. These simple and fun crafts for the winter feature penguins, polar bears, snowman crafts, hot chocolate crafts, and more.
These are some pretty cool winter art projects!
Winter craft ideas for all ages
1. DIY snowman tin can toss game – Our friends at 5 Minutes for Mom made this fun snowman toss game out of decorated cans!
2. Sock snowman craft – Make cute little snow people out of socks! Teach Me Mommy shows us how to reuse old socks to make these fun snowmen.
3. Snowstorm in a jar – This fun snow storm in a jar craft uses baby oil and food coloring to create a storm and actually doubles as a fun STEM project for kids of all ages!
4. DIY hand warmers – Teens who are into sewing will love making these hand warmers! Learn how to make this winter craft tutorial by Apple Green Cottage.
5. Snowman mason jars – These mason jars are made into cute little snow people with googly eyes by Ruffles and Rainboots! This is a fun winter activity for kids to make.
6. Pretty paper snowflake decor – These beautiful hanging snowflakes are made by Lovely Indeed with cardstock paper and make a really great winter craft idea. Make your own and let your creativity shine.
7. Penguin water bottle craft – Save those empty water bottles and make this adorable penguin winter craft idea from Homeschool Preschool. This is one of the cutest easy winter art and craft activities for kids!
8. Painted rocks penguin winter craft – The Soccer Mom Blog shows us how to turn rocks into penguins with this simple winter project tutorial.
9. Paper plate moving polar bear craft – Our Kid Things created this fun winter polar bear art project with paper plates, paints, and craft sticks!
10. DIY winter trees craft – If you’re looking for January craft ideas, these beautiful winter trees are made out of cones and coffee filters! Learn how to make them from A Grande Life.
11. DIY indoor snowballs – Make these fun snowballs made of yarn and play with them indoors this winter. Get the tutorial from A Parenting Production.
12. Homemade winter snowglobe project – This cute DIY snow globe craft made by The Best Ideas for Kids has a photo inside of it!
Preschool winter crafts
13. Handprint penguin winter craft – Visit The Best Ideas for Kids to learn how to make these cute handprint penguins. This is a very cute craft project for January!
14. Winter hot chocolate craft – This cute kids’ hot cocoa craft is complete with cotton ball marshmallows for a fun preschool winter project! Learn how to make it from Homeschool Preschool.
15. Paper plate polar bear craft – Try making this soft and cuddly polar bear winter craft with cotton balls by Emily of Finding Zest.
16. Egg carton penguins craft idea – These penguins are made out of egg cartons and make a really fun preschool winter project for the classroom. Learn how to make it from One Little Project.
17. Edible snowman on a stick craft – We made these fun DIY snowman on a stick treats with Hostess snoballs and candies and love how cute they turned out!
18. Winter icicle craft – Mommy’s Bundle shows us how we can make this fun icicles craft, it’s just perfect for toddlers and preschoolers!
19. Winter mittens craft – Learn how Life of Joanne makes these pretty winter mittens with paper and string. These can also be used as ornaments on your holiday tree!
20. Popsicle stick hot cocoa project – Break out those popsicle sticks and warm up with this cute hot chocolate craft by Glued to My Crafts Blog!
21. Glitter snowflakes craft – Live Well Play Together shows us how to make these cute little winter snowflakes with glue and glitter!
Try these winter art projects for kids
We hope you love these winter craft ideas for kids and can find a project that you want to make with your family. Stay warm this winter season, get a little crafty, and enjoy your time together.
More craft ideas that kids love
- 51 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids – The Ultimate List!
- DIY Beaded Snowflake Ornaments
- 19 Under the Sea Crafts for Kids & Ocean-Themed Crafts