These strawberry cookie butter heart-shaped waffles are super cute for your Valentine. Surprise your honey this year with a delicious, Valentine’s Day breakfast!
Cookie butter waffles for Valentine’s Day breakfast
Who’s looking for a sweet Valentine’s Day treat to serve to their loved ones this year? We love Kellogg’s Eggo Waffles, an easy breakfast treat or Valentine brunch idea to make at home.
Now, you can give your sweetheart a smile with this heart waffles with cookie butter and strawberries for a Valentine’s Day breakfast idea that shows just how much you love them!
These easy heart waffles are something to love
The kids and I did a little experimenting in the kitchen, we were looking for something Valentine’s Day themed that would combine simplicity, taste, and fun. You don’t need a special heart waffle iron to make these unless you want one.
You can totally make heart-shaped waffles from frozen ones! This simple recipe uses Eggo waffles, a favorite of ours, and is quite the treat. If you are looking for heart-shaped breakfast ideas, give this one a try.
Strawberry Cookie Butter Heart Shaped Waffles
You can make heart waffles without a waffle iron, it came out so cute and tasty! Here is how to make heart-shaped waffles without a waffle maker – no batter or mixing bowls needed!
makes 12 servings
Ingredients for cookie butter waffles with strawberries
- 1 box Kellogg’s Eggo Waffles
- cookie butter spread (this cookie butter is AMAZING)
- fresh strawberries, sliced thin
- 4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter (to fit the waffle)
How to make heart shaped waffles
If your sweetheart loves waffles, follow the instructions below to make this lovely breakfast for Valentine’s Day that is full of flavor.
Step 1: Cut heart shape into the waffles
Prep the Kellogg’s Eggo Waffles by cooking two of them according to package instructions. Before cooking, let them sit out for about 10 minutes, then press your heart-shaped cookie cutter into the waffle. Remove the outside edges and discard (or eat them, we won’t judge).
Step 2: Toast and dress the waffles
Toast the waffles in your toaster or oven according to the instructions on the package. Remember, they sat out and thawed for a bit, so take that into consideration for a little less cooking time.
Spread the cookie butter on one of the waffles, then lay the strawberries on top, covering it in its entirety. Finally, place a heart waffle on the very top and serve!
Strawberry Heart-Shaped Waffles with Cookie Butter
- 1 box Kellogg’s Eggo Waffles 12 count
- cookie butter spread
- fresh strawberries sliced thin
- 4 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to fit the waffle
- Before cooking, pull Eggo waffles from the freezer and let them sit out for about 10 minutes. Press your heart-shaped cookie cutter into the waffle. Remove the outside edges and discard.
- Toast Kellogg’s Eggo Waffles according to package instructions, taking away a little less time since they have thawed slightly. Allow them to cool for a minute or two.
- Spread the cookie butter on one of the waffles, then lay the sliced strawberries on top, covering it in its entirety.
- Place the second heart-shaped waffle on top, decorate with a sliced strawberry, and serve.
Enjoy these lovely heart-shaped waffles
These waffle hearts were really good with just enough sweetness, so no syrup was necessary. My kids definitely added syrup, though! You can serve these waffles with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, or any other breakfast sides that your sweetheart desires.
If you are not into cookie butter, you can easily substitute this with peanut butter, almond butter, cashew, or any other nut butter you desire.
Your easy Valentine’s Day breakfast is served – enjoy these easy strawberry cookie butter heart waffles! If you’re looking for more Valentine’s fun, check out our heart-shaped Rice Krispies Treats dipped in chocolate!