This dark chocolate OREO truffles recipe is the perfect way to cure that sweet tooth, it’s pretty easy to make and uses only 3 ingredients!
No-bake Oreo cookie balls
We love Nabisco’s OREO cookies, the delicious chocolate cookie on the outside and the soft creamy center are pretty hard to resist! I love trying new desserts, and making these chocolate OREO truffle balls was on the list. I am not a huge fan of cream cheese, which I have seen in every other OREO truffles recipe, so I had to make some Oreo balls without cream cheese. I thought I would try something else to help hold the crushed OREO cookies together – BUTTER.
We love easy, no-bake dessert recipes
Butter is such a magical ingredient, snd I am happy to report that it worked wonderfully for these no-bake truffles, y’all! I cannot wait to make different holiday-themed flavors (check out this white chocolate peppermint OREO balls recipe), you know that they make all different kinds of OREOs – cookie dough, s’mores, cinnamon bun, pumpkin spice, birthday cake, watermelon – the possibilities are endless!
Chocolate OREO truffles recipe
Looking for a rich, chocolaty no-bake OREO dessert that you can make at home? All you need is a package of OREO cookies, dark chocolate, and butter and you’re on your way to one of the most decadent desserts I’ve had in a while! Here’s how to make no-bake dark chocolate OREO truffles without cream cheese, perfect to serve at parties and events!
Ingredients needed for this Oreo truffles recipe
- Oreo cookies
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Step 1: Crush the OREO cookies
To get started, remove about 5 cookies from the package and set them aside. Place the remaining cookies into your food processor and crush those things!
Add butter – cut up the stick of butter and add to the food processor. Blend until completely mixed.
Roll crushed Oreos into cookie balls
Scoop out tablespoon-sized balls and form with your hands. Set your cookie balls on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and freeze them for about 20 minutes.
Dip the truffle balls in melted chocolate
Melt your chocolate in the microwave or using a double broiler. Using a fork, carefully dip the balls into the melted chocolate, making sure they are completely coated. Place each chocolate-dipped Oreo ball back onto the cookie sheet.
Sprinkle a few crushed cookies on top
Remove cream center from the 5 Oreo cookies you set aside and crush the cookies. When all balls are dipped, sprinkle crushed Oreos over the top of the truffle balls and freeze again for another 20 minutes. The result? Rich, chocolaty deliciousness!
How to make Oreo truffleswith butter
No Bake Dark Chocolate Oreo Balls
- food processor or use a blender
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 package Nabisco OREO cookies
- 1 stick butter slightly softened (or use a butter substitute)
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips melting dark chocolate, or cocoa chips
- Remove about 5-6 cookies from the package and set aside. Crush the remaining cookies in your food processor
- Cut up the stick of butter and add to the Oreo mixture. Blend completely
- Scoop out tablespoon sized balls and form with your hands. Set the cookie balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each, or using a double broiler
- Using a fork, carefully dip the balls into the melted chocolate, making sure they are completely coated. Place each ball back onto the cookie sheet
- Remove cream center from the cookies you set aside and crush the cookies. Sprinkle crushed OREOs over the top of the truffle balls and freeze again for another 20 minutes
Enjoy these chocolate Oreo cookie balls!
I will definitely be making these again, I am so glad that I came up with an OREO truffles recipe without cream cheese! The one thing I love about this bite-sized OREO dessert is that it’s rich enough to eat just one or two and feel satisfied. If you love chocolate, try this dark chocolate caramel pecan bacon candy recipe – it’s a mixture of sweet and savory and OMG it’s amazing!
Crush, roll, dip, freeze and ENJOY.