This easy 4-ingredient white chocolate peppermint OREO balls recipe is a fun, candy cane-inspired treat. We love an easy, no-bake holiday dessert recipe!
You’ll love this Oreo cookie balls recipe
Ahhh Christmastime is here. My family loves to go all out when we celebrate the holidays, which means decorating the tree, Christmas lights, stockings full of goodies, Christmas carols, and lots of food, laughs, and time with family and friends!
A tasty holiday peppermint dessert
Our tradition is to gather at my Grandma’s house on Christmas day, exchange gifts, and eat really good. Bringing dessert is a must, and we loved these no bake OREO truffles recipe so much that we thought we’d make something similar for the holidays. Let’s kick these up a notch and try some peppermint Oreo truffles!
Easy 4-Ingredient White Chocolate Peppermint OREO Balls Recipe
If you’re looking for a good no-bake holiday dessert recipe, these peppermint oreo cookie balls are it! Using just 4 ingredients, you’ll love this white chocolate peppermint OREO balls recipe, no cream cheese needed!
Peppermint cookie balls ingredients:
- OREO® cookies
- Candy canes
- White chocolate candy melting wafers (these work best)
You’ll also need:
How to make white oreo cookie balls
In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole package of OREO cookies until they’re in crumbles. Add half of the crushed candy canes and melted butter to the food processor and pulse until well mixed and the batter is slightly wet.
Roll cookie balls and freeze
Scoop out tablespoon-sized balls, roll, and form them with your hands. Set on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet pop them in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This is a good time to employ your kids as helping hands, makes the rolling process go by much quicker 🙂
Melt the white chocolate for your Oreo cookie truffles
Melt your white chocolate in the microwavable bowl or using a double broiler and make sure you follow the package’s instructions! Dip and coat each OREO ball completely into the melted white chocolate and place them back onto the cookie sheet.
Once all of the oreo cookie balls are dipped, sprinkle the remaining crushed candy cane pieces onto the tops of each OREO ball and refrigerate another 10 minutes, or until chocolate sets.
Easy White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Balls
- Stand mixer, food processor, or blender
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 14 oz. package OREO® cookies
- 6-8 candy canes crushed and divided
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 12 oz. package white chocolate candy melting wafers
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole package of OREO cookies until they’re in crumbles. Add half of the candy canes and butter to the food processor, pulse until well mixed.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized balls, roll, and form them with your hands. Set on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet pop them in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Melt your white chocolate in the microwave or using a double broiler, make sure you follow the package’s instructions. Dip and coat each OREO ball completely into the melted white chocolate and place them back onto the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy cane pieces on top of each OREO ball and refrigerate another 10 minutes, or until chocolate sets.
What is the easiest way to crush cookies?
We think the easiest way to grind Oreos is to use a high-quality food processor. Some people use a standard blender or food processor, but many bakers and chefs use Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. These are super popular. If you are like me and do not have a food processor, you can crush your cookies in a zipped freezer bag. I use my hands and pound out the rest with a rolling pin.
Do you freeze or refrigerate oreo balls?
Honestly, you can do either! We freeze our white chocolate Oreo truffles in this recipe because it makes the process quicker. If you use the refrigerator, leave them in longer to be sure that they fully set.
Do Oreo balls need to be kept in the fridge?
Yes, once you are ready to store them. They have butter as an ingredient, so you should probably keep them cool in an air-tight container until you are ready to finish eating them.
Enjoy our peppermint Oreo balls recipe!
Try out our white chocolate peppermint OREO balls recipe. This no bake holiday dessert recipe is super easy to make, and it turned out really good! The chocolate cookies with a peppermint flavor are such a fun treat. Also, try these dark chocolate 3-Ingredient OREO truffles without cream cheese, they are just as good. Enjoy!