Another great gift idea from Mommygaga’s 2011 Holiday gift guide for infant to preschool ages kids…
To date, MJ has gone through 4 stages of bikes. That’s 1 per year! He had a tricycle, a scooter, a big wheel, and now a larger bike with training wheels. He has since grown out of the first three. Thank goodness I won’t have to go through all of that with Baby Girl, Radio Flyer has a 4-in-1 tricycle that is rightfully labeled “The Ultimate Grow With Me Trike!”
The Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike is a budget friendly, convenient and fun tricycle that is designed to grow right along with your child. From ages 9 months to 5 years, kids can enjoy this bike first as a stroller, a steering trike, a learn to ride trike and finally the classic Radio Flyer tricycle.
I have always been a fan of Radio Flyer, my sister and I had one of their old school wagons when we were little and the memories we made were unforgettable! I got the chance to review the Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike, I love it! I think the best part is that it is so versatile, I will be able to use it for Baby Girl for the next 4 years. I can even modify it now and let MJ ride it as a tricycle. There are multiple different adjustable and removable features for when your little one grows up. I can totally use it as a stroller now for Baby Girl and let her decide when she wants to start to try to pedal. This way, she can learn to ride safely with me in full control until I feel she’s ready to ride on her own.
- Secure 3-point harness keeps younger children safe
- You can very easily adjust the height of the adult steering bar
- Front wheel can be locked or unlocked for pedaling or foot rest use
- There is a removable tray with a cup holder where you can tote along drinks or snacks while you’re cruising. You can also use the storage bin located on the back of the trike for small items.
- The seat is adjustable, so you can move it back as your child grows. There is also a removable head rest and umbrella-like canopy that come off when your kids are ready to ride on their own.
Check out Baby Girl in her new ride!
The only thing that could use a change is the assembly process. It took me nearly an hour to put it together, it seems like each piece of the whole bike comes separate. I suppose you can get the hubs to do it, it wasn’t terrible but I do wish that some of the bike was put together before hand. After I was done, Baby Girl enjoyed riding on her new Radio Flyer and I felt accomplished, it’s totally worth it 🙂
Consider the Radio Flyer 4-in-1 “Grow With Me” Trike as a gift idea for young children, they would definitely enjoy a new set of wheels! I am definitely looking forward to the 4-in-1 trike ‘growing’ with my daughter. It’s perfect for our afternoon walks and to take to MJ’s tee ball games when they start up again.