I was looking for baby shower favor ideas for my shower that I had this past weekend. I volunteered to make them since I love doing that sort of thing, and since everyone else had their hands full with the rest of the planning. I needed cheap baby shower favors for about 40 people, this one was a toughy!
I always see little diaper cakes, cupcakes, candies and washcloth favors, but I didn’t think that they would make a functional gift for my guests. After all, I would be the one who would need those things! I came across a cute spa theme and decided that I could combine the two to make cute, functional homemade baby shower favors! Hence, the Spa Washcloth Cupcake was born!
- 135 tea light candles (50-pack for $2.29 at Walmart)
- 45 baby washcloths (4-pack for $1 at Dollar Tree)
- 45 Flower Soap Petals (9-pack for $1 at Dollar Tree)
- 45 Cupcake Liners (100-pack for $1 at Dollar Tree)
- 45 Clear Cellophane Bags (100-pack for $3.99 at Michael’s)
- 4 Spools of Ribbon (One 9-yd spool 99¢ at Walmart)
- 45 Thank You Tags (optional, I printed these at home)
If you are looking for unique baby shower favors, this one was a hit! I definitely saved a bunch of money and had fun making these baby shower party favors. Guests can actually use the candles, flower soap petals and washcloths if they please. I ended up spending about $35 on everything, that’s only 78¢ per favor! If you have a larger budget, you can get creative and add to these to make them bigger and even better. I had a couple left over, so I may just line my bathtub with candles, run a hot bath and soak in the flower petals! Have you seen any other variations to these Spa Washcloth Cupcakes? Have any other baby shower favor ideas? I’d love to hear about them!