The Olympic games are fast approaching, I am involved in a partnership with Kellogg’s and I thought it would be fun to combine the two. The kids and I came up with this fun craft idea: Gold medal Olympic rings craft made with Fruit Loops that the kids can actually wear!
Does your family watch the summer and winter Olympics when it comes around? We sure do! I don’t know if you remember, but I met a bunch of Kellogg’s #GreatStarts Olympic athletes in New York a few years back, I heard their life stories, drive, and dedication to their sports, and I can’t help but to root for them!
If you are looking for a fun way to involve your family with the Olympics and cheer for Team USA, try making this cute Olympic rings craft idea for your kids at home. See, Fruit Loops are for more than just eating! They are super easy, help young children with color matching, and fun for the kids to wear. Go Team USA!
Gold medal Olympic rings craft with Fruit Loops
You will need:
- Olympic Gold Medal Printable
- Kellogg’s Fruit Loops
- Red, white and blue Tri-stripe ribbon, 5/8 inch (craft store)
- hole punch
- white card stock
1. Print out the gold medals onto your white card stock. Each sheet has 6 medals on it, cut them out and set aside.
2. Cut a 24″ piece of tri-stripe ribbon, tie a knot at the open ends to close and make a circle.
3. Punch holes at the top of each medal and thread the opposite side of the tie of your ribbon through the hole, looping through the middle to secure. Pull firmly, but be careful that you do not rip the paper.
4. Time to decorate! Dab a little glue on each of the Olympic rings and place Kellogg’s Fruit Loops on the corresponding color. See photo above.
5. Allow the medal to dry, then put that baby on and admire!
The kids really enjoyed making these, especially with one of their favorite cereals! Time to cheer on Team USA, have fun making this easy kids gold medal Olympic rings craft!