This bacon wrapped chicken bites recipe is a really good appetizer for entertaining and the perfect easy finger food idea. Try making these flavorful chicken bacon bites for your next party or event.
Easy chicken and bacon recipe
Chicken. Bacon. Both delicious all by themselves, but together?! Uh, YES, PLEASE!
Game Day is around the corner and we’ll be going to a potluck at a friend’s house. I was in search of a few good appetizer ideas and lo and behold – you know what goes well with chicken breast? BACON!
Savory bacon chicken bites
I came across a bacon and chicken appetizer idea and I had to try to make it my own with this bacon-wrapped chicken recipe. A few ingredients make the flavors in this recipe intense – savory bacon, succulent chicken breast, sharp white cheddar, and a tangy honey mustard dijon spread!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites Recipe
Makes 24 bites – make a couple of batches if you need more!
Ingredients needed to make chicken bites with bacon:
- honey mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sharp-white cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley
Step 1: Toss chicken breast pieces in a honey mustard and sauce mixture
To start this chicken bacon recipe, toss your chicken breast pieces in a large bowl with a mixture of 2 tbsp. GREY POUPON Honey Mustard and the LEA & PERRINS Worcestershire Sauce to marinate. Add a little salt and pepper if you’d like.
Note: My local store didn’t have the GREY POUPON Honey Mustard, so I tried the Country Dijon mustard and added a little honey.
Step 2: Wrap bites chicken in bacon
Next, heat your oven’s broiler. Roll each piece of chicken into a slice of OSCAR MAYER bacon and secure it together with toothpicks.
Step 3: Broil your chicken bacon bites in the oven
Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer about 4 inches under your broiler. Cook each side for 5 minutes, for a total of 10 minutes. You’ll be flipping these over at the halfway mark.
Step 4: Assemble your chicken and bacon bites appetizer
Heat oven to 350°F, and remove toothpicks from the chicken and bacon pieces. Cut cheese slices in half, place crackers on a baking sheet, and top each one with a cheese slice.
Bake the crackers and cheese for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Top each cracker with chicken, a drop of mustard, and parsley leaves.
Now, take a bite. Oh my, these are such a savory treat! I love the sweet and salty combo of the bacon and the honey mustard, these are definitely going on my must-have list for entertaining!
If you happen to have leftovers, which is unlikely, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Bacon-wrapped chicken bites recipe
- 1 Baking sheet
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast 6 oz., cut into 24 pieces
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon cut into thirds
- 3 tbsp. GREY POUPON Savory Honey Mustard divided
- 2 tbsp. LEA & PERRINS Worcestershire Sauce
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 4 oz. CRACKER BARREL Vermont Sharp-White Cheddar Cheese cut into 12 slices
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- To start this chicken bacon recipe, toss your chicken breast pieces in a mixture of 2 tbsp. Honey Mustard and the Worcestershire Sauce to marinate.
- Heat your oven's broiler. Roll each piece of chicken into a slice of bacon and secure together with toothpicks.
- Place chicken bites onto a cookie sheet and put it about 4 inches under your broiler. Cook each side for 5 minutes, 10 total. You’ll be flipping these over at the halfway mark.
- To put these bacon chicken bites together, heat oven to 350°F, remove toothpicks from the chicken and bacon pieces.
- Cut cheese slices in half, place crackers on a baking sheet, and top each one with a cheese slice. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Top each cracker with the bacon wrapped chicken, a drop of mustard, and parsley leaves.
Enjoy this chicken and bacon appetizer!
We truly enjoyed this bacon and chicken appetizer and we hope you will, too. Make every day delicious with Kraft, for more recipes and ideas, click the image below or visit the Kraft recipe page. Next, I’ll have to try the buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese, yum!