Our chocolate espresso cookies recipe is easy to make, delicious, and, best of all, they are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside! These chocolate coffee cookies are a wonderful treat.
Chocolate Espresso Cookies Recipe
Who loves chocolate cookies? I sure do love a good cookie recipe, and recently discovered that baking with espresso powder is a thing! I am a big fan of coffee and espresso drinks and treats, so I obviously had to give this a try with a dessert recipe of my own.
Chocolate Cookies with Espresso
Whether you are looking for holiday cookie recipes to gift or just want to make a sweet treat for yourself at any time of the year, our chocolate cookie recipe with espresso is such a good one to try! Wrap these cookies up as gifts to give or serve them at your next gathering.
This cookies recipe comes out as more of a batter than a cookie dough, resembling a thick, chocolatey batter that is a little bit like brownies. Because of this, these cookies spread quite a bit on the baking sheet, making them thin and crispy on the outside with a soft, chewy center. You can add an additional tablespoon of flour to thicken them a little bit, but no more than that.
Ingredients Needed for these Chocolate Espresso Cookies
To get started with this cookie recipe using espresso powder, you’ll need to have the following ingredients on hand:
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder
- Espresso powder
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
You will also need:
- Large and medium mixing bowls
- Cookie sheet
Step By Step: How We Make Our Chocolate Espresso Cookies Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Combine chocolate cookie ingredients
In another large bowl, add the cocoa powder, espresso powder, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs and mix all ingredients until they are well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture to the cocoa powder bowl and combine all ingredients until they resemble a thick, chocolatey batter.
Scoop cookie batter onto cookie sheet
Grab your cookie sheet and scoop cookies into 1-inch balls, making sure to keep them about 2 inches apart from each other. This batter will spread, so make sure your cookies aren’t too large or close together! This recipe made about 12 cookies, so be sure to use your largest cookie sheet to accommodate.
Bake your cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow them to cool. Dust the tops of your espresso cookies with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Sweet Chocolate Espresso Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. Fine ground espresso powder
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a different, larger bowl, add cocoa powder, espresso powder, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Beat in the eggs and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the cocoa powder bowl and combine all ingredients.
- Scoop cookies into 1-inch balls and add them to the cookie sheet, keeping them about 2 inches apart from each other. This batter will spread, so make sure your cookies aren't too large or close together!
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Why adding espresso powder to cookies makes sense
I love the taste that espresso powder brings these cookies. It really enhances the chocolate flavor and the hint of the taste of espresso satisfies my love for coffee. There are lots of different kinds of recipes using espresso powder, like cakes, cookies, and more. Enjoy this rich, chocolate cookie dessert!
Also, try these delicious cookie recipes:
- Holiday Raspberry Filled Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate S’mores Cookie Cups Recipe
- Super Soft Baked Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles Recipe
Subscribe: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Leave a Comment