This chocolate smores cookie cups recipe is a must-try for chocolate lovers! These mini s’mores bites make it so that you don’t need a campfire, you can make these s’mores in your oven any time of year.
You’ll love these mini s’mores bites
Chocolate. Graham crackers. Marshmallows.
S’mores have long been a summer favorite dessert, there’s nothing like roasting marshmallows over a campfire and sandwiching them between two graham crackers. I really hope we get the chance to go camping this year, but until then, we can make s’mores right at home!
S’mores cups with a graham cracker crust
We decided to try making some s’mores at home, but with a little twist. If you’re having a summer get together, or just lounging by the pool, these individual dark chocolate mini s’mores cups are perfect! I got the idea of oven roasting marshmallows from this peanut butter s’mores pie recipe, I love dark chocolate and I thought it would be great to try out on a s’more.
Chocolate Smores Cookie Cups Recipe
This easy smores dessert recipe has bite-sized portions, which are easy to make in your cupcake pan. Perfect for little fingers, and for entertaining – try them out!
makes (12) s’mores cups
- Graham crackers
- Brown sugar
- Ghirardelli® Sea Salt Soiree squares
Step 1: Make the graham cracker crust
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Make sure your graham crackers are finely crushed, you can use a food processor, or actually buy them pre-ground. In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar.
In a 12-cup cupcake pan, firmly press the mixture into each cup, leaving a space in the center. I used the bottom of a shot glass to make sure it was packed tight.
Step 2: Add chocolate and marshmallow to cookie cups
Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes, remove the pan from the oven, and immediately turn on your broiler. Add first one piece of Ghirardelli® chocolate, then one marshmallow to the center of each cup.
Step 3: Broil the s’mores cookie cups
Place pan on top rack in the oven and broil the marshmallow tops until brown and melted. Be careful, and make sure you WATCH this step as they broil. It tends to happen fast and if you walk away, they will probably burn. Experience, y’all.
Give them a bit of time to cool, but not too long, these are the best while still hot. As soon as you can touch them, gently wiggle each one out of each cup with a butter knife and try it. OH, MAN. This smores cups dessert recipe is easy and oh so GOOD!
Chocolate S’mores Cookie Cups Recipe
- 1 12-count cupcake pan
- 2 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 stick butter melted
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 Ghirardelli® Sea Salt Soiree squares or your favorite chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Finely crush graham crackers.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar. Scoop graham cracker mixture into muffin tin pan and press firmly into each cup, leaving a space in the center for the chocolate. Bake at 325° F for about 10 minutes.
- Turn broiler on to high heat setting. Add first one piece of Ghirardelli® chocolate, then one marshmallow to the center of each cup.
- Place pan on top rack in the oven and broil the marshmallow tops until brown and melted. Be careful, and make sure you WATCH this step as they broil. This should take about a minute and the marshmallows can burn fast.
- Remove from s'mores oven and allow the cookie cups to cool for a few minutes. Gently wiggle each one out of each cup with a butter knife. Serve warm.
We hope you love our mini s’mores cups recipe!
I absolutely love how this s’mores dessert turned out, the dark chocolate gives it a nice, rich taste. Note, there are almonds in the Ghirardelli® Sea Salt Soiree chocolates, so feel free to switch the chocolate for allergen purposes. Enjoy your family time, indulge, enjoy these smore mini cookies, and have a wonderful summer!