Here’s a fresh lunch idea -make these healthy turkey roll ups with avocado and pesto, using All Natural Lunchmeat that’s wholesome and delicious. Boring sandwiches, move over!
Healthy Turkey Roll Ups with Avocado and Pesto
I am all about packing fresh and healthy foods for my kids’ school lunches, so I thought it would be great to change things up a bit with these turkey pinwheels with pesto and avocado.
The biggest game changer here is the flavor: the Foster Farms® All Natural turkey tastes very fresh, so when you add a little avocado, spinach, and fresh pesto mayo, the taste is amazing!
A healthy school lunch idea the kids love
If your kids are anything like mine, they get easily bored of the same old sandwich, fruit, and juice that they get in their lunch box. There are so many different options these days so these turkey avocado pinwheels have made a great addition to our lunchbox rotation (breakfast for lunch is really good, too!).
Healthy Turkey Roll Ups Recipe
When you’re pressed for time, you need to get something healthy, delicious, and packable – and this is IT! Try our turkey avocado rolls recipe, make it the night before and save yourself a ton of time in the morning.
Turkey pinwheel ingredients:
Makes about 16 rolls
- Foster Farms® All Natural Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- Fresh spinach
- Large flour tortillas
- Homemade pesto mayonnaise spread (or store-bought, whatever floats your boat)
For the homemade pesto mayo spread:
- Fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to make turkey roll ups
First, make the homemade pesto mayonnaise Add all ingredients except for the mayonnaise into a blender or food processor, and pulse until completely blended. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of water and pulse once more to mix it in.
Pour the pesto mixture into a small bowl and add the mayonnaise. Mix thoroughly and place pesto mayo into the refrigerator. Note: If you can find pre-made pesto mayonnaise, skip this step and go for it!
Now let’s make the turkey roll ups!
Open up the two tortillas onto a cutting board and spread a thin layer of pesto mayo onto each, covering the whole tortilla. Layer your spinach leaves, then turkey, then slices of avocado and roll the tortilla up into a tight wrap. Slice each wrap evenly into rolls and place in plastic zipper bags or plastic wrap to get them ready for those lunch boxes!
Healthy Turkey and Avocado Roll Ups
Ingredients for the turkey roll ups
- 4 slices Foster Farms® All Natural Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 10 leaves fresh spinach
- 2 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- homemade pesto mayonnaise spread or store bought
For the homemade pesto mayo spread:
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 slice onion thin
- 1 small clove of garlic
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- To make the homemade pesto mayonnaise. Add all ingredients except for the mayonnaise into a blender or food processor and pulse until completely blended. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of water and pulse once more to mix it in.
- Pour pesto mixture into a small bowl and add the mayonnaise. Mix thoroughly, place pesto mayo into the refrigerator when not in use.
- Star the turkey roll ups by opening up the two tortillas onto a cutting board. Spread a thin layer of pesto mayo onto each, covering the whole tortilla.
- Layer your spinach leaves, then turkey, then slices of avocado and roll the tortilla up into a tight wrap. You can put a little mayo on the end of the tortilla to make it stick.
- Slice each wrap evenly into rolls and place in plastic zipper bags or plastic wrap. Refrigerate until you're ready to pack in lunchboxes.
Here’s to healthy school lunches!
These turkey avocado tortilla roll ups are such a great lunch idea! I really like how these turkey pinwheels turned out, and so do the kids. We did a test run and they gobbled these rolls up, so we’re good to go for school lunch!