You will love staying at the Disneyland Hotel on your next trip to the Disneyland Resort! This hotel is the best Disney hotel – it’s close to all the theme parks and Downtown Disney and so much fun.
This is the best Disneyland hotel!
Remember how I told you that I couldn’t wait to take the kids to see the new Cars Land in Disney’s California Adventure Park? Well, the time is coming near, I want to make it there before the summer ends since MJ is starting kindergarten this year. *tear* I am planning to stay in Anaheim for the weekend and it’s an absolute must that we get a room at the Disneyland Resort and Hotel!
Where to stay at Disney in Anaheim
We know. that there are tons of places to stay near Disneyland California. See, as a child, I never got the chance to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We’d drive by, ooh-ing and aah-ing at the very sight of it. It looked so magical, so huge, so fun! I was there for the very first time last month, and even as an adult, I was giddy (judge me). At that point, I decided that my family HAD to stay there too, so we will!
Things to do at the Disneyland Hotel
I was thinking that a Friday-Saturday stay would do just fine, but on second thought, we really need another day at the Disneyland Hotel (this is the best time to go to Disneyland & California Adventure Park). In addition to all of the fun at Disneyland and California Adventure theme parks, the hotel in itself has so many cool things to do.
- The hotel was recently improved, boasting luxurious rooms with modern amenities and that special touch of Disney. Each of the rooms has an enchanted Sleeping Beauty headboard that plays a soothing melody and lights up the night.
- Take a dip in our choice of 3 swimming pools, one, the Monorail Pool, has 2 waterslides that might just be the first to try! There are also the Mickey and Minnie Spa outdoor hot tubs and cabanas to relax in.
- Visit the 3 towers that explore Disneyland’s history: The Frontier, Adventure, and Fantasy towers are decked out with Disney artwork and memorabilia.
- If you want to go all out, rent one of the Disneyland Hotel’s Signature Suites. Party like a princess in the Fairy Tale suite or enjoy your stay as a pirate in the Pirates of the Caribbean suite. Aarrggh! And did you see the adorable Mickey Mouse Suite pictured above?
- There are dining options for all occasions. We can choose to enjoy a casual meal at the Tangaroa Terrace, eat a fun buffet-style meal with Goofy and his pals at Goofy’s Kitchen, or wine and dine at Steakhouse 55.
- There is a Magic Morning early entry at Disneyland for all Disneyland Hotel guests. So, we can enjoy the park early, head back to the hotel for some rest, relaxation and fun!
- At night, you can head over to Trader Sam’s Tiki Bar for some live island music, dancing, and fun by the fireplace.
- The Disneyland Hotel is within walking distance of both parks.
Disneyland Hotel pictures
Here are a few photos that I took while I was there (this was back in 2012). I was alone and I only got to stay for one night, so it is sure to be much more fun with my family there!
Inside the Adventure Tower at the Disneyland Hotel
Swimming pool view from the Adventure Tower
Disneyland Hotel Double Bed Room
Disneyland Hotel Sleeping Beauty Light Up Headboard
Disneyland Hotel In-room Bathrooms
Do you see those Mickey Mouse gloves holding up the lights? We love those little Disney magic touches!
Disneyland Hotel Pool area at night
What are the benefits of staying at the Disneyland hotel?
There are many perks of staying at a Disney property. Yes, there are plenty of off-site hotels in the area, but there is so much to do and see when you stay at one of the Disneyland hotels.
- Disney offers the Extra Magic Hour in their theme parks to hotel guests only. You are allowed access to one of the two parks a full hour before they open to the public – so that’s first in line for the best rides, dining reservations, and more! This is valid every day of your stay, as long as you have valid theme park tickets.
- You can participate in lots of extra activities at the Disneyland Hotel. They have morning workouts, crafts for the kids, pool parties, “Happiest Hotel on Earth” tours, movie nights, and more.
- They have character dining experiences at the Disneyland Hotel and the other properties that you can’t get anywhere else.
- You can use your hotel room key to charge food and items to your room while you are in the parks. You can also have large items sent to your hotel room so you don’t have to carry them around the park all day.
- You can get a wake-up call from a Disney character, just schedule it at check-in.
- Disneyland Park, Disney’s California Adventure Park, and the Downtown Disney District are within walking distance to the Disneyland Hotel. You won’t have to fiddle with parking each day, you’ll already be there and ready to go!
Enjoy your stay at Disneyland!
Ok, so I have no idea when we plan to go back, but I am excited to stay at the Disneyland Hotel already! The eventual HUGE vacation plan is to make it out to Disney World in Florida and stay at one of the Disney Resorts there. We’ll have to wait a couple of years and save a couple thousand dollars.
Update: We went a few years back and stayed at the Walt Disney World Contemporary Resort. What an amazing trip!
Check out the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California. You won’t be disappointed, it truly adds to the magic that is Disney.
Disclosure: I attended all events on behalf of Disney. Everything I share is all mine.