Looking for creative DIY Christmas card holder display ideas? Do you live in a small apartment without a mantle? How about displaying them on your wall with this DIY, easy to make burlap wall Christmas card holder!
I have been doing my best to decorate for the holidays, but it’s really hard to do in a small condo. I no longer have a fire place mantle and I can’t really do much to the walls, so I am making due with what I have. Alone and mantel-less, which was where I used to put the cards and sip hot cocoa in my slippers, it was time to creative.
I love how this DIY wall Christmas card holder turned out, it doubles as festive holiday decor and shows off all of the cards we’ve received! If you’re working with tight space this year, hang this bad boy on your wall. This is one of my favorite Christmas card hanging display ideas!
DIY burlap wall Christmas card holder – the cutest homemade card holder!
Make your own Christmas card holder for the wall. All you need are a few items to get started.
You will need:
- (1) 6 – inch roll of burlap
- wooden clothespins
- toilet paper roll tube
- red holiday ribbon
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
Let’s get started!
1. To make this DIY Christmas card holder, measure out your burlap to the desired length, then fold it over and double it. Mine was about 3 feet and holds 13 cards. I would suggest 4 feet in length to hold 16-20 cards, which would mean you’ll need 8 feet of burlap.
2. Line up the two ends and trim evenly. Fold the two ends back towards each other to from a triangle. Glue with hot glue gun and set. This will be the BACK of your holiday card holder, which goes against the wall.
3. Place your roll of toilet paper inside the burlap, at the top of the holder, the opposite side of the triangle. Even the burlap all the way from the triangle up to the top where the toilet paper roll will sit and glue it to the inside. Make sure it’s nice and tight and completely even all the way down.
4. Glue on your clothespins about 3 – 4 inches apart, going all the way down the length of the burlap from top to bottom. Make sure that the part that will pinch and hold the cards is facing out. Put a small amount of glue onto the backside of the clothespin, be sure not to put any on the metal hinge.
5. Thread your red holiday ribbon through the toilet paper roll at the top of the homemade card holder and tie or glue it together to make a hanger. To make it a little more festive, you can add a bow with hot glue onto the outside of the wall hanger to cover the toilet paper roll. Here’s mine…
Allow the glue on your DIY Christmas card holder to set, add cards and hang on the wall wherever you desire. I just love how this turned out! I love the wood look, but I think it would be so cute to spray paint the clothespins to fit your homes decor. Red? Gold? Silver? Now the entry way hall has a a Christmas card holder for the wall, a little holiday focal point…
No fire place mantle? No problem! Display your holiday cards on this wall Christmas card holder – such great holiday card display ideas! There is nothing like decorating for the holidays, and we really enjoyed making this homemade card holder.