Throwing a birthday party? Learn how to make ice cream cone cupcakes for your guests, they are super cute and so much fun to eat!
How To Make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes Recipe
Every year that my kids have a birthday, I always throw them a fun party with all of their friends. It’s exciting to turn a year older, and definitely worth celebrating! When it comes to cutting the cake, there’s no need to do so with these super cute ice cream cone cupcakes recipe! They are easy to make and almost mess free, and the kids love them (these ice cream filled cupcakes look amazing, too). Learn how to bake cupcakes in an ice cream cone, kids love these sweet treats.
Ice cream cone cupcakes recipe
- 1 box of yellow or white cake + ingredients listed
- 12 cupcake liners (these reusable silicone liners are the BEST!)
- 12 ice cream cones
- 1 can pre-made frosting of your choice
- rainbow sprinkles
- 12-cup cupcake pan
- ice cream cone cupcakes holder
Making the ice cream cone cupcakes
For this recipe, you do not need to worry about baking cupcakes in an ice cream cone. Here’s how to make ice cream cone cupcakes the easy way!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your 12-cup cupcake pan with liners. In a mixing bowl, prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Pour equally into each cup in the pan, about 2/3 of the way full. Make sure not to fill to the top so cupcakes do not over bake.
Baking the cupcakes
Pop the pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let the cupcakes cool. Put ice cream cones into an ice cream cone cupcakes holder, remove cupcake liners, and place each cupcake into an ice cream cone. Pipe the white frosting on top to look like vanilla ice cream, then top with rainbow sprinkles. That’s how to make ice cream cone cupcakes recipe, super easy! Set these out at the birthday party and allow your guests to enjoy!
A few ice cream cone cupcakes recipe tips:
- This cupcake cone baking rack by Wilton is perfect to use as an ice cream cone cupcakes holder. You do not need to bake the cones in this recipe, but this holder is nice to have.
- To keep ice cream cone cupcakes crispy, we recommend that you make these as close as possible to the time you’d like to serve them. Leaving them overnight will not produce the best results, and your ice cream cone cupcakes may get soggy.
- Transporting ice cream cone cupcakes is easy. You can lace them in the cupcake cone baking rack and carry it to the desired location. You can also cut holes into a cereal box or gift box to use as a cone holder, or arrange ice-cream cone cupcakes upright in a deep roasting pan with a dome lid. You can buy one here.
- Some people have asked about making chocolate cupcakes inside of the cones. You are welcome to try, but know that the darker chocolate color may show through your cones. Maybe use chocolate cones to avoid this?
- Yes, you can totally make ice cream cone cupcakes form scratch, but why would you want to overcomplicate the process? Ain’t nobody got time for that!