This post brought to you by Butterball Every Day. All opinions are 100% mine.
Pressed for time to make dinner on school nights? Looking for something fresh, lean, filling and tasty that the whole family will love?
Hectic school nights and plenty of activites leave little time to cook wholesome, delicious meals at home. Trust me, I know! We need quick dinner ideas that fill and satisfy, and this gnocchi and sausage recipe is perfect! Only about 20 minutes to prepare from start to finish, and it was GOOD.
Since we're not really pork or red meat eaters, we tend to miss out on some of our favorites, burgers, sausage, bacon, ham, you name it. We're big on poultry and fish because they are lean, thank goodness for Butterball's turkey product which offer a leaner alternative that we love, and don't have to skimp on flavor!
Make this tonight, y'all, and thank me later…
- 1 package Butterball Everyday Polska Kielbasa Turkey Dinner Sausage
- 1 lb. package potato gnocchi
- 1 - 5 oz. bag of baby kale
- 1/4 c. red onion, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the gnocchi according to package instructions. I boiled mine for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the gnocchi is cooking saute olive oil, garlic and onion in a large skillet. Add kale little by little, stirring until it wilts.
- Add Butterball kielbasa turkey sausage to the skillet, stir, then fold in the gnocchi. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, top with Parmesan and serve!
- 1. I cut the sausage into smaller bites, making it a bit more child friendly.
- 2. Make sure you use BABY kale, it has smaller leaves, which are mild and much less harsh than regular kale. Again, child friendly 🙂
Busy nights call for quick thinking, and this one is a no brainer. I love that Butterball makes so many of our favorites with turkey: burger patties, turkey bacon, dinner sausage, we are officially fans!
If you are in the market for a quick, hearty meal that is lean and delicous, give this gnocchi a try. Butterball's turkey sausage is a hit in my household! Also, check out these Butterball recipes and print out some Butterball coupons.
What will you make with Butterball turkey products?