These easy key lime pie bars are sweet, tangy and the perfect summer dessert. If you love the delicious taste of key lime pie, try this quick recipe!
An amazing key lime pie recipe
There’s nothing like a slice of good old classic key lime pie. The sweet, tart flavor and creamy texture go so well together, such a delicious cool treat! I personally love the key lime pie at California Pizza Kitchen, I could eat it every day.
We found a similar recipe and tried it at home and decided that we’d like to make bars, and see how it turns out. This easy key lime pie bars recipe uses a fresh lime juice, lime zest, and a homemade graham cracker crust – trust me, it’s a must-try!
Easy Key Lime Pie Bars Recipe
There’s a reason that these are called easy key lime pie bars with a graham cracker crust – just 8 ingredients and a couple of steps and you’re on your way to delicious sweet and tangy lime bliss!
Shopping list of ingredients for these key lime bars
- crushed graham crackers
- brown sugar
- key limes (or regular limes will do)
- sweetened condensed milk
- lime zest (this citrus zester makes it so much easier)
- whipped cream (optional)
Step 1: Make your key lime pie bar graham cracker crust
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and brown sugar, then add melted butter and mix well. Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Set aside.
Step 2: Making the key lime pie filling
Thoroughly combine sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and egg yolks in a mixing bowl, and fold in the lime zest. Pour mixture into graham cracker crust and bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes.
Zesting tip: If you have a zester, you’re better than me. I don’t have one, so I used my potato peeler and shaved off a bunch of flecks of the green skin on the outside of the limes I squeezed. I also tried a cheese grater, which worked great, but it hurt my knuckles!
Step 3: Cool and refrigerate the lime bars
Allow this tasty batch of easy key lime pie bars to cool for at least 20 minutes, then cover and refrigerate for 1 -2 hours. Slice into 9 bars, add a little whipped cream, if you desire, and serve.
The Best Key Lime Pie Bars Recipe
- 2 cups graham crackers crushed
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 stick butter melted
- 4 large limes juiced (or 10 key limes)
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- whipped cream optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and brown sugar, then add melted butter and mix well. Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and egg yolks in a mixing bowl, fold in lime zest. Pour mixture into graham cracker crust and bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Allow key lime bars to cool for at least 20 minutes, then cover and refrigerate for 1 -2 hours.
- Slice into 9 bars, add whipped cream, garnish and serve.
Enjoy these easy lime bars!
Summer is here, finally! We love family time and the moments that matter, and I can tell you that these are the best key lime bars and they will be made again very soon. Like maybe tonight, because they’re already gone. Enjoy the sunshine and treat yourself this summer!