This slow cooker white bean soup is loaded with vegetables, making this a hearty, healthy, and tasty vegetarian soup recipe!
White bean and vegetable soup
What do we do around here when we don’t really feel like cooking dinner? We turn to the slow cooker!
Sometimes I love to cook, but after a long day, I just want to be able to put dinner on the table with minimal effort. Slow cooker soup recipes are my favorite way to get this done – prep a little bit ahead of time and you have yourself a piping hot meal ready to go by the end of the day!
An easy slow cooker soup recipe to try
We keep canned foods and veggies in our home, so it was only right to put them to use. This slow cooker white bean soup recipe is stocked with vegetables and herbs, a delightful and healthy meal idea.
I will warn you – this is not a crazy flavorful soup, we are looking to limit salt content in our diets so we look to herbs and other spices in our vegetable broth to replace it. If you are looking for something with a little bit more of a salty flavor, you can always add more salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy our vegetarian white bean soup, we will be adding this to our recipe collection at home!
Slow Cooker White Bean & Vegetable Soup
- Slow cooker
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- ½ bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 cans white beans, drained we used cannelini beans, pick your favorite
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- Prep all vegetables with the exception of the spinach, add them to slow cooker
- Drain the cans of beans, add the beans to slow cooker
- Add vegetable broth, then add thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, and stir until thoroughly combined
- Set slow cooker for 8-hours on low, or, if you're limited on time, 3-4 hours on the high setting
- When cooking is complete, turn off the slow cooker and stir in spinach
- Take a clean spoon and taste the broth. Add salt, pepper, or other spices as desired
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese, parsley, and other delightful toppings
Enjoy this white bean and veggie soup!
We hope you and your family love this slow cooker white bean soup recipe. I love how easy it is to prepare, you can literally add whatever vegetables you have in your home and this recipe would still be amazing. I am considering adding 1 cup of pasta the next time I make this recipe, or maybe even some rice. Happy eating!
More soup recipes to try
- Southwest chicken and black bean chili recipe
- Slow cooker chicken sausage, kale, and white bean soup
- 40+ Easy To Make Whole30 Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Dessert
- Hearty bacon and corn chowder Crockpot recipe