We recently attended Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland on behalf of Disney, so much fun was had, so many memories were made!
Seriously, if you can get to Disneyland this Fall for the Halloween season, do it! It’s a can’t-miss family attraction that screams fun, excitement, and is full of memories and Mickey Mouse!
There were so many great highlights about our time spent at Disneyland. The whole Fall atmosphere is so warm and inviting, the park decor is amazing and the transformation of the parks attractions make you feel immersed in Halloween delight. There’s so much to see and do, if you are not convinced about going this Halloween season, let me tell you what we liked best about it…
Top 5 Reasons To Go To Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland
1. The special experiences – In addition to the whole park being decked out with Fall and Halloween touches, there are some pretty cool treats in store that you can find all over Disneyland. These are not things you’ll be able to experience on an ordinary trip! You’ll see Autumn decor everywhere, the first look at Main Street when you enter the park is awesome: the fun decorations light the night with lit up pumpkins, festive autumn wreaths, brightly lit up buildings, happy Mickey Mouse ghosts, and a giant Mickey Mouse pumpkin that sets the stage for the party!
Park wide, there are hundreds of stunning pumpkins carved into popular Disney characters, characters dressed in costume, photo opportunities, Space Mountain and the Haunted Mansion got some spooky makeovers, a Pirate transformation for kids at Pirates League, spooky Halloween themed music, and so much more. Also, Mickey’s Costume Cavalcade (parade), the Monsters U Dance Party, the Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch, and the Halloween Screams Fireworks Spectactular are not to be missed!
2. Early and safe trick-or-treating – Put on your costume and trick-or-treat all over Disneyland park! There are designated stations where kids can trick-or-treat to their hearts content. In addition to candy, Disneyland also gives out healthier options, such as mini carrots, Clif Kid bars and Mickey apple fruit crisps. You’ll get a special Halloween trick-or-treat bag when you enter the park. Trick-or-treating stations are open all night, adults are welcome to participate!
3. The seasonal treats – Anyone up for pumpkin beignets, muffuletta, Oreo mousse coffins, pumpkin fritters, or pumpkin pie? If so, you’ll find all of these sweet and savory foods at Disneyland during Halloween time! Also find seasonal cupcakes, Mickey pumpkin caramel apples, pumpkin cheesecake, candy corn cotton candy and more. I tried the pumpkin pie in New Orleans Square, it was delicious. I was looking for the pumpkin beignets and Pumpkin Minnie Demitasse: a flourless chocolate cake, pumpkin and chocolate mousse, candy corn and chocolate shavings, served in a souvenir mug. OMG.
4. Affordable tickets, unlimited rides – This is a big one. I realize that taking a large family to Disneyland could get a little pricey, so if you have been looking to visit, this is a great way to do so without spending a fortune. Tickets prices start at $59 (advanced purchase), and you’ll get to spend 4pm to midnight there. The park closes to all guests, accept for ticket holders. There is a limit on how many party tickets are sold, which means the lines for rides are insanely short. I have never waited 5 minutes to get on the Matterhorn and walked freely onto the Small World, Dumbo, and Tea Cups ride in Fantasyland. Never.
5. Family time and magical memories – Disney always knows how to show families a great time, making a magical and lasting impression. Seeing the excitement on my daughters face when she saw Minnie Mouse and all of the Disney Princesses in the Mickey’s Costume Cavalcade parade is absolutely priceless. Our kids will not be young forever, so moments like these are so important to create memories to last a lifetime.
I will share another post with our personal photos later so you can see what fun we had at Mickey’s Halloween Party. Disneyland will always hold a special place in my heart, my mother made it a point to enjoy the magic with me when I was younger, now it’s my turn to share it with my kids. It’s so fun to be a kid again!
Why do you want to visit Disneyland during Halloween time?
I attended Mickey’s Halloween party at Disneyland on behalf of Disney. All opinions about the event are my own.