This cute Easter bunny butt cake recipe is such a fun dessert idea for Easter! Try making this adorable bunny rabbit Easter cake for a fun holiday celebration.
Easter bunny cake recipe
Spring is here, and that means one thing: Easter! It’s a time for celebration. Get everybody in the holiday spirit by making a delicious Easter bunny butt cake. This idea has become a popular Easter treat. Many people opt to make bunny butt cupcakes, but we love the idea of making a whole cake to entertain guests or celebrate with family.
A fun bunny rabbit Easter cake
Between all of the fun Easter egg hunts and other fun ways to celebrate, it is nice to have a sweet treat to enjoy together. This cake recipe features the flavors of pineapple and coconut for a sweet and tangy dessert.
Celebrate with your loved ones this Easter with a delicious and colorful Easter bunny cake idea. It can bring laughter, joy, and smiles to all in the family!
Easter Bunny Butt Cake Recipe
Complete with green shredded coconut “grass”, chocolate chips for bunny toes, and chocolate candy mini-eggs for garnish, this cake is moist, fluffy, and you will love the flavor. If you are thinking about making a bunny cake this Easter, this recipe is pretty easy to follow and such a cute bunny rabbit cake idea!
Easter Bunny Cake Ingredients Needed
Serves 10-12, original recipe by Culinary.net
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Cream of coconut
- Crushed pineapple
- Coconut extract
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Pretzel sticks
- Shredded coconut
- Green food coloring
- Chocolate candy melts & chocolate chips
How to make a coconut bunny butt cake
To start making your bunny bum cake, grab a large mixing bowl and combine the whole eggs, egg whites, cream of coconut, crushed pineapple, coconut extract, and vanilla extract cake ingredients.
In a blender or food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then slowly add the butter and pulse until combined, creating a coarse texture.
Add the coarse meal mixture to another mixing bowl, then add the coconut and pineapple mixture half at a time. Beat until thoroughly combined and the cake batter is formed. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 18-20 minutes. The remaining batter goes into an oven-safe bowl to bake for 1 hour, 40 minutes (we recommend a Pyrex or similar bowl).
How to make the buttercream cake frosting
The homemade buttercream cake frosting is made with powdered sugar, butter, milk, vanilla extract, and coconut extract ingredients. Combine all of these ingredients in a large mixing bowl until the frosting is nice and creamy, set aside.
Putting the Easter bunny cake together
Assemble the cake using pretzel sticks to blend it together to make the bunny butt shape. Frost the cake and spread shredded coconut over it to create a textured appearance.
Press chocolate discs into the balls of the bunny’s feet at the top, then add three chocolate chips to the bottom of the feet to create the toes. Put your favorite Easter mini-eggs or bunny-inspired candies around the grass of the cake for extra garnish.
A Delicious Easter Bunny Butt Cake Recipe
Bunny cake base ingredients
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 eggs plus 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple drained
- 2 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter at room temperature
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
Putting together the Easter bunny cake
- 4 thin pretzel sticks
- 1 bag 10 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 2 large round chocolate candy melts
- 6 chocolate chips
- mini candy-coated chocolate eggs for garnish
Bake the Easter bunny cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 F. Line muffin pan with four paper liners. Spray oven-safe glass bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, cream of coconut, pineapple, coconut extract, and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined. Add 6 tablespoons of butter and mix until combined. Add remaining butter and pulse until coarse mixture forms.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the coarse flour and butter mixture and half of the egg mixture. Mix for about 1-2 minutes, then add the remaining egg mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until done. Cool completely. Pour the rest of the cake batter into your oven-safe bowl. Bake for 1 hour, 40 minutes or until it's done baking, allow cake to cool completely.
Make the homemade buttercream frosting
- To make the buttercream frosting, grab a large bowl and add powdered sugar and butter; beat ingredients together until fluffy.
- Next, add the milk, vanilla extract, and coconut extract; beat until creamy.
Assemble the Easter bunny butt cake
- Turn the oven-safe cake bowl upside-down on a cake stand until the cake loosens and separates from the bowl. Level the cake if needed and frost it.
- Remove the cupcake wrappers. Using two pretzel sticks, press them into the base of two cupcakes and anchor them to the bottom of the frosted cake to make the bunny's feet. Frost the bunny feet.
- Take a third cupcake and cut off the muffin top, cut it in half. Using one pretzel stick, anchor one muffin top half at the base of the full cupcake foot to make toes. Repeat with second muffin top half for other foot. Frost the bunny toes.
- To make the butt, you'll need to add a cupcake to create a cotton tail. Attach the fourth cupcake with another pretzel stick to the butt area of cake to make the tail. Frost the bunny's tail.
- Apply 1-1/2 cups shredded coconut all over the entire cake. Press chocolate candy melts into the balls on the bottom of the bunny's feet to create footpads. Add three chocolate chips on each foot to make the toes.
- Place the rest of the coconut into a plastic zipper bag and add drops of green food coloring. Toss the coconut in the bag until it is the desired color. Spread green coconut around the base of the cake as grass. Decorate the grass with chocolate mini-eggs.
Tips for Making an Easter Bunny Cake
- Spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level off the excess. Scooping directly from bag compacts flour, resulting in dry baked goods.
- If you don’t have a bowl that is oven-safe, you can always bake two cake rounds, layer them on top of each other, and cut around the top to create a rounded shape.
- If the buttercream frosting is too stiff, add 1 tablespoon additional milk if frosting is too stiff. Keep adding until desired consistency.
- Dip your pretzel sticks in frosting before placing them in each cupcake. This will help them stick inside the bunny cake.
We hope you love this Easter bunny rabbit cake idea
We think this bunny bum cake is such an adorable recipe for Easter! Making this cake is worth every single step. It is really cute, delicious, and perfect for dessert after your family’s Easter dinner.
More delicious Easter recipes to make
- Easy Coconut Birds Nest Cookies for Easter
- Super Cute Chocolate Pudding Easter Bunny Dirt Cups
- Easter Egg Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Subscribe: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
That’s super cute and would be fun to bring to an Easter event that includes food.