Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and that means finding photo Valentine card ideas for your children to give to their classmates. Would you like to do something creative and cute yet really inexpensive and easy? This lollipop Valentine card craft is so cute!
How cute, right? My little guy really didn’t understand when I asked him to hold his hand up towards the camera. But he giggled with delight when he saw the finished product: his happy little face practically handing you the airplane lollipops he picked out himself!
DIY Kids Lollipop Photo Valentine Card Ideas Craft
You only need a few things: a printed photo of your child posed with their hand prominently shown, a card and additional colored craft paper if you would like to give it a frame, an adhesive (I used Glue Dots), scissors, a precision knife and then a lollipop.
1.First, cut a small slit at both the top and the bottom of the hand.
2. Mount the picture either directly on the card or on another rectangle of patterned paper and then onto the card.
3. Slip the lollipop through the slits and there you have it!
- Choose a lollipop that is flat. That way it slides in and stays in position easier.
- Put a Glue Dot on the back of the lollipop to hold it in position.
- When you are adhering the picture to the next piece of paper, concentrate around where the lollipop will be slipped into the picture so it does not create a gap.
- Find something cute to write or print inside the card. Better yet, have your child write it! We are going to say “You are just plane awesome”! Such cute photo Valentine card ideas!